JOIN A CARING, DEDICATED TEAM WHO HELPS PATIENTS AND FAMILIES GAIN ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE, AND NAVIGATE COMMUNITY SERVICES AND RESOURCES.
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Driver monitors, helps to maintain and drives the Mobile Health Unit (MHU) to designated locations to provide patient care and may also drive the company’s leased vehicle for daily transportation of Migrant and Seasonal Farm Workers to and from medical and social service appointments as needed.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Using a written checklist, conducts pre- and post-trip inspections of the MHU as well as the company’s leased vehicle to ensure that they are in proper working order
- Operates the MHU on schedule and on the designated routes, complying with all traffic regulations to ensure that passengers have a safe and smooth ride
- Parks in designated spots at designated destinations, securing the MHU as required
- Assists passengers, such as elderly or disabled individuals, on and off MHU as needed
- Maintains records of patient transports, mileage and gas receipts to and from each destination
- Keeps the inside of the MHU and the company’s leased vehicle clean, removing trash after each trip, and regulates heating/cooling and lighting for patient and passenger comfort.
- Takes MHU and the company’s leased vehicle to the car wash as deemed necessary
- Reports any MHU and company’s leased vehicle issues to the Director of Rural Health immediately and follows-up for maintenance as needed
- Assists with the loading and unloading of equipment and supplies daily before and after MHU Clinics
- Assist on the farms with patient registration and other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid state driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- Current BLS certification