Conair, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is a leading producer of auxiliary equipment for the plastics processing industry. We make and market over 450 different products, including resin-drying systems, blenders, feeders and material-conveying systems, temperature-control equipment and granulators. Extrusion solutions include gravimetric control systems, film and sheet scrap-reclaim systems and downstream equipment for pipe and profile extrusion. Conair is also a leader in plastics process integration, engineering and installing complete manufacturing systems that help plastics processors manage their valuable raw materials, handle their critical manufactured parts, and improve their process yield.
The Project Manager assumes sole responsibility for system projects. This role includes project initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closure. This includes attending and participating in project kickoff meetings, ensuring that system orders are accurate and are in line with customer requirements, sourcing contractor bids, project scheduling (Gantt charts), coordinating construction crews (installation) and internal technicians (startup/commissioning), and project closure (invoices paid, line items closed, tasks completed).
The Project Manager is the key customer contact from the time of order release until project closure. They are capable of handling projects with great project complexity. The Project Manager may develop specialization, in areas such as Packaging, Automotive, or Heat Transfer, and work with teams who focus on those business segments. The Project Manager will lead and participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
This position will report to Project Services management and is usually located in either Cranberry Township or Franklin, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track record of managing multiple system projects of increased complexity at one time, including project coordination, planning, and budget control to ensure successful projects and customer satisfaction.
- Travel as required for customer project meetings, sales meeting support, and project startups.
- Review all details, specifications, and financials as issued on the customer’s purchase order to assure it matches Conair’s Order Acknowledgement (OA) and Scope of Work (SOW) document; Point out discrepancies and work with the customer and other Conair employees to reconcile.
- Develop bid packages for outside contractors; utilize knowledge of Conair contractors and crew to drive projects toward the most profitable outcome; ethically award contracts for project installation and labor.
- Ensure proper information is provided to the Conair Estimating team to verify sales estimates and to adjustment TBC conveying components and labor as needed.
- Provide weekly written project updates to the Project Management Office (PMO) Coordinator;
- Participates on teams and improvement efforts with significant input, to promote personal growth and improve company profitability.
- Supports the PMO Coordinator by providing the information needed to enter and manage projects; Takes the lead in kick off meetings on projects; gathers required data from end users (Sales, Engineering, Operations, Customers, etc.) to evaluate objectives, goals, and scope to define deliverables;
- Engages in regular and targeted communications with customers on projects; ensures that all required project documentation is compiled and distributed; begins anticipating issues and gets ahead of them before they become problems.
- Develops an experienced understanding of line item project profitability and the potential pitfalls of various aspects on Conair projects; works with customers, contractors, and Conair personnel to achieve total project profitability and timely completion.
- Is often called upon by others for advice or information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology (or related field) and/or five (5)+ years of direct work experience without an accredited technical degree;
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; Skillful in analyzing and interpreting business correspondence, including contracts;
- Strong interpersonal skills to help provide high-quality customer service;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks proficiently;
- Good computer skills desired; proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project or SmartSheet Timeline software. Desirable: working knowledge of AutoCAD and SAP;
- Must show a record of accomplishment of effectively managing multiple projects in a fast moving, dynamic environment;
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is a plus.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.