SUMMARY: Responsible for safeguarding all persons from injury or drowning through firm yet courteous enforcement of pool rules.
VISION: At Four Seasons, our employees should exhibit a passion for “transforming lives” and work to create a “healthier community” among members and staff. They should provide member satisfaction within the Association’s mission: “to provide social, physical, and recreational activities and services for members and their participating families.” Employees should also understand, accept, and embody Four Seasons’ core values through actions, behaviors, and work performance.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Supervise and guard the pool and pool areas as assigned, maintain safety of members and pool areas, and never leave a pool unguarded.
- Adhere with all standards of StarGuard Training Program including the 10/20 protection rule.
- Administer primary care when needed.
- Work as a team member of the Aquatic staff to provide a high level of service to members.
- Respond to member relation issues such as complaints, comments, and suggestions.
- Verbally check with the Club Supervisor before leaving the shift.
- Attend required monthly in-service trainings and scheduled communication meetings.
- Cooperate with other lifeguards and staff members and display a pleasant attitude towards members.
- Follow Aquatics procedures and guidelines as well as Four Seasons policies and procedures.
- Communicate necessary information to members, staff, and management in a clear, timely and helpful manner.
- Help with special events, as assigned.
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- SMILE and provide a positive environment for all members, staff, and guests.
- Current Lifeguard Certification required; training offered upon hire.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Competitive swimming experience and/or previous lifeguard experience preferred.
- CPR/AED certification to be obtained within 30 days of hire, to be maintained throughout employment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the policies, practices and procedures of the facility.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display a passion for health and wellness.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the pool area, including lifeguard chairs and locker rooms.
- Ability to swim to the bottom of the deep end of the pool (8 feet) to rescue a swimmer in distress.
- Ability to visually and auditorially monitor members’ activities and the safety and condition of pool areas.
- Able to communicate with staff, members, and others in person, by telephone, and in writing.
Functions regularly within exercise, recreation, and office settings. Is regularly exposed to smells of swimming pools and exercise areas. Frequently works varying hours and days. Is occasionally exposed to bodily fluids or demanding physical exertion during emergency response situations; risks are minimized by adherence to established safety procedures.