Our ideal candidate is someone who is excited to become a part of an awesome, fast-growing team and must display these three top (required) skills:
1. SQL Experience
2. Working knowledge of Excel
3. Familiarity in the development of statistical models is a PLUS!
General Position Summary:
Vervent Inc. utilizes statistical models in many aspects of the credit account lifecycle including marketing, underwriting, account management, collections, retention, and recovery. These models are used to make data driven business decisions to increase profitability and to manage risk. The Model Risk Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Credit/Risk department in the regular review of models performance and population stability. The Model Risk Analyst will assist in the completion of existing model review procedures and the implementation of new reports and procedures related to model governance. This position has a hybrid working schedule.
• Medical, FSA & HSA, Dental, Vision + More!
• 401k - 100% vested once you start contributing. Generous company match!
• Regular employee health, wellness & engagement activities!
• Pet Insurance, because fur babies are important to us too!
As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by
delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary
strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card
Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance,
and maximize service.
If you’re interested in reviewing the full job description, continue reading below…
- Monitor model performance and population stability
- Explore data to find patterns and trends
- Extract data to create reporting packages that help leaders make informed decisions
- Collaborate with Credit/Risk team to conduct analyses that enhance model performance
- Assist with various model management functions
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as required
- Degree in Business Intelligence/Analytics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent work experience is preferred
- 1-5 years of job related experience in a credit card/financial services environment is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of standard office equipment including PC skills with emphasis using Microsoft products.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic to Intermediate experience with T-SQL and SSRS.
- Familiarity with a statistical modeling software such as R, SAS, or Angoss is preferred.
- Familiarity in the development of statistical models is preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.