Schnitzer West, LLC’s vision, mission, promise, culture, values, and goals are at the heart of every decision
made. The Company takes pride in and fiercely protects its 5 Core Fundamental Values:
- Disciplined – Prepare for anything. Anticipate, ask questions, and clarify. Own every moment. Don’t run from risk; mitigate it to create value. Keep your eye on the prize while obsessing over the details.
- Driven – Work with passion and ambition. Be relentless and work with urgency.
- Bold – Pioneer true innovation and be motivated by the unknown. Thrive in uncertainty to outperform the expected.
- Authentic – Work without ego and be a doer, not a talker. Be fair but candid and always willing and able to roll up your sleeves.
- ‘Cowboy Family’ – Be all in with the firm; pushing and protecting each other to achieve greatness and exceed all expectations. Take pride in being a difference maker and for making a material impact.
This unwavering focus makes Schnitzer West, LLC a recognized and well-respected vanguard in the industry and maintains the framework that allows for superior communications, sound decisive decision making, diversity of thought, and unparalleled business practices, rigor, and innovation.
General Position Summary:
The Investment Coordinator is responsible for the overall administrative management of the company and works with the Executive Team to support company objectives and establish consistent and efficient practices across the entire company.
The position provides executive administrative level support to the founder/owner, President/COO, CFO and Director of Accounting & Administration (Executive Team), and from time to time, other senior leaders, and is responsible for supporting company-wide processes and overall facilities, office management and general infrastructure needs across all the company’s locations.
Essential Functions & Major Responsibilities:
Executive Team Management:
- Schedule high volumes of appointments and meetings with internal and external parties.
- Oversee and ensure travel coordination is well planned and managed. This includes being available for changes and updates as travel progresses, which will require periodic availability outside of normal office hours.
- Project manage initiatives identified by the Executive team. This will include direct follow up with various personnel and outside consultants, and schedule and budget management.
- Create, improve and/or maintain organized files and records (physical and digital).
- Maintain an organized system of tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects for the Executive Team.
- Prepare correspondence, documents and reports on behalf of the Executive Team.
- Order and pick up, or arrange delivery of, lunches for internal meetings.
General Schnitzer West Management:
- Coordinate signatures on various documents including loan closings, JV closings and Fund amendments.
- Responsible for Corporate and satellite offices and facilities management which includes budget responsibility.
- Review operating practices and procedures, determine whether improvements can be made and work with other groups to implement changes as appropriate.
- Oversee event planning.
- Work with teams to manage Schnitzer West related collateral, website, social media and PR.
- Work with Human Resources to develop programs to keep employees regularly updated on company news.
- Maintain and prepare expense reconciliations.
- Manage company-wide forms and templates for use in asset management, development and property management.
- Manage special projects and company initiatives.
- Ensures all department’s policy and procedures are up to date and in compliance with various governing documents.
- Responsible for the company’s electronic shared filing organization and company intranet.
- Provide backup support to the receptionist when they are on PTO or break by monitoring phones and front desk.
Company Management & General Compliance:
- Develop general marketing materials for potential investors, lenders, etc.
- Manage the library presentation material including presentations to potential investors, lenders, etc.
- Assist of legal entities –formation, EIN, UBI licensing and annual reporting.
- Assist with updating legal structure organization charts.
- Assist with maintaining complete files of current legal entity documentation.
- Assist with consent resolutions and authorization levels which are necessary to execute various legal documents.
- Handles semi-annual updates for Fund investors and coordinate the semi-annual Fund investors meeting.
- Facilitate office space management including internal and/or external office moves.
- Coordinate with Receptionist regarding order and inventory of basic office equipment, supplies and company stationery for Corporate office.
- Maintain inventory of company furniture and fixtures.
- Maintain inventory of company stored files managing the retention and destruction; assist in location of archived documents.
- Act as liaison between Building Management and the Corporate office.
- Negotiate and maintain corporate vendor contracts (i.e., shipping and courier services; furniture and fixtures; office supplies, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Outlook, and Excel. PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Excellent grammar, spelling, composition and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of complex instructions furnished in written and oral form.
- Strong math skills, 10 key competency, and accurate keyboarding skills (at least 65 wpm).
- Ability to work effectively with the public and to work cooperatively with other staff, demonstrating the ability to recognize differences in work styles, strengths and weaknesses.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations.
- Ability to deal with interruptions, manage multiple priorities, and respond to changing needs and requests.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, and excellent organization and filing skills required.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours.
Education & Experience:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Four-year degree preferred.
- Higher education or vocational training specializing in business or computer skills required.
- Three to five years of administrative experience.
- Real estate industry experience helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and use hands and fingers to handle or feel.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office and computer equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone in English.
- Literate in English language.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position deals with a wide diversity of work situations. Incumbent must deal with continual interruptions, requiring a high degree of flexibility. Work requires extensive telephone and PC use.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Schnitzer West is an Equal Opportunity Employer.