OpenLoop is looking for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our team remotely. This role will be a member of the Practice Administration & RCM Team, collaborating closely with the Director of Practice Admin & RCM.
About the Role
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support Revenue Cycle Management Team by auditing physician coding and clinical documentation for correct code assignment and medical necessity support.
- Responsible for timely resolution of insurance claims including appeals.
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance payers both electronic and paper.
- Updates member numbers and insurance payer information and submits corrected billing as needed.
- Works clearinghouse rejections daily and notifies supervisor of any ongoing front-end errors that need to be addressed.
- Work with third party biller agency to ensure claims are being processed accordantly.
- Works with patients to review billing issues and process outstanding balances.
- Contact insurance carriers to verify eligibility and authorizations.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries.
- Updating billing software as required.
OpenLoop was co-founded by CEO, Dr. Jon Lensing, and COO, Christian Williams, with the vision to bring healing anywhere. Our telehealth support solutions are thoughtfully designed to streamline and simplify go-to-market care delivery for companies offering meaningful virtual support to patients across an expansive array of specialties, in all 50 states.
Our Company Culture
We have a relatively flat organizational structure here at OpenLoop. Everyone is encouraged to bring ideas to the table and make things happen. This fits in well with our core values of Autonomy, Competence and Belonging, as we want everyone to feel empowered and supported to do their best work.
We’re based out of Des Moines, Iowa, but we’ve got teammates spread across the US in many departments. Day to day, we collaborate most frequently using Slack, Notion, Linear, Figma, FullStory, and Zoom.
In addition to competitive salaries and equity, this role includes:
- Unlimited PTO — We believe in taking time off (and actually do it).
- Medical, Dental and Vision — Because you, too, deserve access to great healthcare.
- 401K Program — to save for your future.
- Flexible Schedule and Work Policy.
- Team Meet-ups and On-Site Visits — We love our team building in Des Moines!
- The chance to change the future of medicine.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to meet you.
- Familiarity with Evaluation and Management coding required
- CPC preferred
- Understanding of EOB and remittance advises
- Good communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- At least 1 year of Revenue Cycle Experience