The Human Resources Manager position provides high level professional support and assistance to the Director of Human Resources. This position works independently and as part of a small team of HR professionals to perform day-to-day HR activities in the following functional areas: employee relations, employee/leadership development, organizational development, HRIS, staff support, recruiting and hiring, onboarding, benefits enrollment, performance management, records management, and workforce development. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who can relate to individuals at all levels within the organization. The Manager must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the overall business demands.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants. Collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Manages job postings and offers, and coordinates the new hire onboarding process.
- Collects and reviews applicant and employee documents for accuracy; files confidential documents and other HR related information; scans documents and keeps organized records.
- Utilizing HR systems, process accurate and timely routine compensation and recruitment actions, as well as confidential records pertaining to applications, employment, enrollment, pay changes, and other sensitive HR materials.
- Processes applications, new employee paperwork, and other HR documents to ensure efficient and accurate information and data entry. Responsible for E-Verify and auditing records for I-9 compliance.
- Assist with HR related communications.
- Develops recruiting materials, and manages all job fairs and team collaboration to best represent LCC/OVG.
- Assist/Conduct new hire orientations.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars on occasion.
- Chairs or co-chairs multiple committees focused on community and engagement.
- Identify, recommend, and develop new approaches, policies, and procedures that improve the efficiency within the department and services performed.
- Process terminations, within systems, and collecting all pertinent company equipment, badges, and keys.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 minimum years of progressively responsible experience working in Human Resources in a generalist or manager position Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and employees
- Commitment to protect confidential and sensitive employee and business information
- Ability and willingness to manage multiple tasks and projects with unexpected requests and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision and with all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, decision-making, planning and organizational skills are required
- Must have strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with internal and external customers in a diverse environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.