The primary responsibilities of the Program Analyst are to: 1) manage training approvals for the Detroit at Work system and serve as a liaison to assigned contracted training providers, assisting with establishment of Master Training Agreements, providing technical assistance on the use of Detroit Employment Solution Corporation’s (DESC) information management system, and monitoring data records; 2) in coordination with the data analytics team, analyze and monitor performance of subrecipients and/or contractors to identify, for program leadership, opportunities for improvement; and 3) oversee and support subrecipient’s and/or contractor’s efforts to maintain case files that are uniform, accurate and fully compliant with funding requirements. The Program Analyst will rely on the data analytics team to produce performance analysis reports for leadership and on the compliance team to conduct formal audits and monitoring visits with subrecipients. Program Analysts report to the director of their assigned program area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage, develop, and maintain working relationships with training providers and their affiliated programs
· Develop a detailed workplan for assigned grants or programs. Implement workplan to ensure milestones are achieved. Assigned programs and/or grants may include Skills for Life, Industry Infinity, MiLEAP, construction and skilled trades training at Randolph Career and Technical Education center (ongoing as funds permit), and/or other identified special projects and grants
· Document, track and help to reconcile complaints by provider, participants, and/or other stakeholders
· Monitor and assist program director and manager in providing oversight of DESC approved training providers and training programs including routine file reviews, annual site visits, and training support
· Provide data reporting and documentation support and oversight to DESC training providers to maximize data quality, case file compliance and performance.
· Ensure accurate data collection and reporting in compliance with program requirements through regular review of electronic and paper case files.
· Conduct bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly quality assurance review of data entered applicable data management systems such as OSMIS (if applicable) and Launchpad
· Communicate with Director and Program Manager on a regular basis to provide updates regarding contractor progress, achievements, and milestones
· Ensure training providers document tracking, progress, and outcomes of participants, including any program delays, employment, credential attainment and other post-program follow-up
· Review electronic and paper files submitted by subrecipients and/or contractors to ensure participants are appropriately and properly exited from the program.
· Work in coordination with data analytics and IT teams to ensure data reporting systems such as, OSMIS (if applicable) and Launchpad data are regularly reconciled, and imported data is accurate. Additionally, assist in the development of performance dashboards and reports to track, monitor and evaluate program performance
· Assist with design and maintenance of a process that monitors training provider Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
· Maintain large datasets using Excel or other database and statistical software and develop recommendations and tools that can be used to correct performance issues.
· Utilize programmatic data and progress to draft summative reports of potential issues, areas of improvement, and lessons learned
· Assist in evaluation of program effectiveness, investigate trends, and recommend modifications to improve program effectiveness.
· Analyze and draw insightful conclusions from large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data.
· Work closely with the Employer Engagement and Business Services team to ensure training activities are aligned with employer needs and demand. Assist training providers in interpreting and incorporating employer feedback into curriculum. Ensure trainees are connected to relevant and related employment opportunities.
· Organize and facilitate various meetings, as necessary.
· Perform other related duties as required.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Specific qualifications include but are not limited to:
· Considerable knowledge of database systems and statistical analysis methods/techniques.
· Robust analytical skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must exhibit strong communication skills, professionalism, diplomacy, and ability to appropriately interact with staff, participants, and local stakeholders while maintaining working relationships in all aspects.
· Strong training and facilitation skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. Must be able to demonstrate project management skills to produce quality, timely, and complete work product.
· Ability to exhibit professionalism at all times.
· Ability to work under pressure and prioritize to meet deadlines.
· Must be discrete and professional, particularly when handling confidential information.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· Requires a bachelor’s degree in social work, business administration, data science, applied statistics/math, teaching/administration certification or another related field. Equivalent combination of work experience and/or education may be substituted for formal degree.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in a role that focused on data and performance management is required.
· Relevant experience working in a nonprofit, education, workforce development, youth development, or collaborating with local human service resources is strongly desired.
· Experience with the Salesforce platform and/or OSMIS highly desired.
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Detroit Employment Solutions Corporation (DESC) is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity within our organization. DESC actively seeks applications from women, persons of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other underrepresented groups.