PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Radiologic Technologist.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Radiological procedures as requisitioned by PTHA staff providers and outside health care providers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receive and process x-ray orders in preparation for radiologic procedures.
- Prepare and position patients to assure optimum view using available tools and equipment.
- Take x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety using a variety of radiation protection and shielding material.
- Maintain electronic logs, reports, and files as required and within established time frames.
- Send via the Electronic Health Record the reading radiologist results back to the referring provider within 24 hours of receiving
- Conduct radiology training for selected staff, as requested and within established deadlines, to ensure adequate clinical coverage for extended hours, lunch, and breaks.
- Perform other diagnostic testing as trained and required (e.g. EKGs, hearing test, spirometry, etc.)
- Successful completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- Two (2) years’ experience as a Radiologic Technologist
- Current and valid WA State certification as a Radiologic Technologist
- Current BLS certification required