Direct Supervisor: Chapel Manager
The Part-Time Administrative Assistant will work with arranging Directors and Location Manager to complete details of the arrangement process. This includes:
- Contacting ministers and cemeteries
- Ordering caskets, vaults and associated sales/personalization items
- Submitting obituaries
- Ordering police escorts for processions
- Entering information into Director’s Assistant,
- Printing of memorial folders and other needed materials
- Meeting with families to accept funeral payments
- Communicating times of ceremonies with the Dispatcher and Switchboard Operator.
- Completing check request forms and submitting them to the business office.
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills for communication i.e. email, letters, documents,
- Excellent verbal communication and phone skills are required.
- Computer skills must include Microsoft Word operations, Excel, and other basic skills.
- Being Bilingual is a plus
High School Diploma or GED
Light physical effort required. Regularly required to sit for extended periods. You will also need to stand, walk, reach, bend, lift, listen, talk and perform computer keyboarding. May need to transport items weighing up to 15 pounds.
This is a less than 20-hour per week position with a varied schedule. Weekend and holiday work is a possibility.
Salary and Benefits:
This part-time position is paid an hourly rate and is not exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Benefits are not provided to part-time associates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.