About the Organization
Capital Impact and CDC Small Business Finance recently formed an Alliance to advance solutions that address social and economic inequality. Together we will focus on holistic economic and community development at scale with a focus on people and place. At the core, our suite of products and services, experience, and scope will foster equitable job creation, wealth building, and economic mobility.
Provide financial analysis of loan applicants, assess risk, and recommend approval or declination. Work in conjunction with Loan Officers, Loan Processors, and Closing Analysts to produce approved and funded loan packages. Through accurate and consistent underwriting analysis, and by sharing credit knowledge with loan officers, promote quality loan production and maintain our integrity as an SBA certified lender.
- Support to loan officers’ and loan processors by answering client and lender questions related to financial analysis as needed.
- Review financial documentation for acceptability. Reconcile debt schedules and aging reports with balance sheets.
- Create comparative spreadsheets using data from tax returns and financial statements. Modify spread to reflect the proposed project, mortgages, and future operations.
- Determine if repayment ability is demonstrated.
- Determine if financial position can support the proposed debt.
- Analyze spreadsheet for identification of positive and/or negative financial trends, transactions, or events that would have bearing on the future operations and financial health of the applicant company as relates to the proposed loan.
- Communicate results of the preliminary financial review and analysis based on the spreadsheet to the Loan Officer; point out any possible problems and assist the Loan officer in resolving them.
- Prepare written credit memoranda including a financial narrative for submittal to SBA.
- Make recommendation to internal loan reviewers and Board Loan Review Committee members for approval or declination of loan request.
- Review current financial information on approved loans prior to debenture funding to identify or rule out adverse financial change.
- Review current financial information on approved loans when total project and/or financing increases.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in commercial loan underwriting and 2 years of SBA 504 experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and remain organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting or equivalent experience in financial analysis for commercial lending.