Maintains general ledger; prepares monthly financial statements for Naturipe Farms and subcontracted companies; assists in preparation of audit work papers and schedules to facilitate the year-end audit; accounts payable specialist for subcontracted company; assists in accounts receivable.
• Supervisor: Controller
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Responsible for maintaining all accounts in SAP. Review and verify the accuracy of all postings to the general ledger through special analysis, monthly reconciliations, and maintenance of subsidiary ledgers.
• Prepare monthly schedules, sales analysis and other reports.
• Prepare monthly financial statements and review the financial statements for accuracy before presenting them to the controller.
• Work closely with controller and outside auditors by providing support and numerous schedules to facilitate the annual audit.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Execute special projects as directed.
Quantitative Data/Job Dimensions
• Reconciles over 100 balance sheet accounts monthly.
• Pays 25 vendors a week for subcontracted accounts payable
• Enters 50 invoices a week for subcontracted accounts payable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with 6 years of accounting experience preferred.
• Advanced computer knowledge and experience required. Experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Ability to work in a professional, confident manner.
• Sound prioritization and time management skills.
• Utilize computer systems and files in an organized and efficient manner.
• Ability to accept responsibility and make competent decisions independently.
• Ability to problem solve independently.
• Willing to work after hours as needed.
• Must be detail-oriented for accurate reporting.