Student Leadership Network supports young people growing up in diverse underserved communities to gain access to educational opportunities that help prepare them to lead successful lives. In 1996, Student Leadership Network (SL Network) opened the United States’ first all-girls public school in 30 years – The Young Women’s Leadership School of East Harlem. The organization has grown to a network of 41 public schools, including 21 all-girls schools nationwide. Over the last 25 years, SL Network has impacted more than 50,000 students through three life-changing programs: The Young Women's Leadership Schools (TYWLS), CollegeBound Initiative (CBI), and Young Women's Leadership Network (YWLN). In 2022, the College Access Services team was created to provide new full-service opportunities outside of NYC. To learn more, visit www. studentleadershipnetwork.org.
SL Network is seeking a full-time Program Associate (PA) based in New York, NY, who will collaborate with the College Access Services team to manage programming throughout the department. Duties will include in-school and out-of-school programming support, administrative assistance, as well as, data collection, and reporting. Some travel and evening work will be required. The PA will help strengthen program delivery to sustain quality and maximize the outcomes of our team. The PA will report directly to the Director of College Access Services, but also works with the broader College Access Services team.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Program Support:
- Assist the College Access team with researching new school clients, locally and in new markets, that would benefit from our services and support the implementation of new initiatives.
- Support programming services for our New York City, Buffalo, and new market clients.
- Edit and finalize Memorandum of Understanding and Proposals for our College Access team as assigned.
- Assist with the preparation and facilitation of Professional Development sessions, School Visits, Workshops, College Trips, Bootcamps, etc.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of organizational/database systems (e.g., Google Drive, SalesForce, and additional systems support). Run data reports to support programming and staff initiatives to increase efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Administrative Support:
- Support organizational procedures, such as scheduling meetings and interviews, preparing meeting agendas and supporting documents, managing meeting room scheduling and configuration, developing travel itinerary, team conference registration, and organizing office space, refreshments, and materials for team meetings.
- Maintain/format calendars, team documents, and any new initiative documents to inform best practices.
- Other administrative duties as they arise, including but not limited to, ordering and shipping supplies, supporting logistics for team and presentation materials, assisting with the planning of staff meetings including conferences, retreats, and onboarding new staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- A minimum of one year of experience in college access, higher education, youth services, and/or an educational non-profit.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Commitment to working with low-income student populations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate one-to-one, in small groups, and in public speaking contexts
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive) applications; experience with SalesForce is a plus
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the high school’s administration, faculty, and staff
- Ability to self-organize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Result-oriented work ethic
- Understanding and commitment towards the program's mission, with determined delivery of service
- Experience working with students from diverse socioeconomic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Knowledge of barriers students face from underserved communities, as first-generation college-bound students
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and ambitious, with a love for creating new programs and realizing the full potential for existing efforts
Compensation: Competitive/commensurate with experience
FLSA Status: Exempt. SL Network is an equal opportunity employer
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K matching
Application Instructions: Please submit a resume and cover via URL