ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create an environment that is conducive to learning, including classroom, small-group, one-on-one, and other instructional settings.
· Plan academic interventions to meet the needs of individual students, as defined by their eligibility for interventions and by planning cooperatively with general education classroom teachers. Independently and in cooperation with classroom teachers, develop effective strategies, tools, activities and settings for delivery of academic interventions. May provide interventions independently or in conjunction with other staff members, depending on the needs of individual students or groups of students. Will frequently adjust the place, setting and form of instructional activities in order to meet student needs.
· Establish clear objectives for all interventions, either independently or in conjunction with classroom teachers or teaching teams, along with related assessments; ensure that interventions are aligned with state curriculum, school-wide curriculum goals, specific program goals, and teacher lesson plans as applicable.
· Evaluate student data frequently, independently and in conjunction with classroom teachers, to ensure interventions are having the desired effect, or to plan for adjustments as needed.
· Maintain accurate and complete records including individual student records of interventions performed, student progress, and any other funding-related record keeping required.
- State teacher licensure/certification with appropriate endorsements(s).
- Bachelor’s degree with subject area emphasis and/or coursework and/or experience necessary to be deemed "highly qualified" for the grade/subjects to be taught. (Will consider non-certified applicants with a degree in the subject area to be taught; would be required to complete a plan of action to become "highly qualified" within a prescribed period of time.)
- Demonstrated commitment to young people’s learning success and achievement.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a teaching/tutoring capacity as acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or other education-related experience; evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations.