Provide supplemental instructional support to eligible students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver interventions to students based on the instructional plans developed by the Title I Teacher and/or the General Education Teacher. Interventions may include support in the form of small group and/or individualized instruction, tutoring, guided practice, or other techniques, as guided by the teacher.
- Report back to the Title I Teacher and/or General Education Teacher on the outcomes of the interventions conducted by keeping daily student outcome reports
- Administer assessments and screeners that will contribute to the teachers' decisions in regards to:
-Determining eligibility for entry into Title I program
-Creating appropriate interventions
-Exiting students from the Title I program
- May attend parent/teacher conferences as needed to support the teacher in communicating with parents about student performance, behavior, or other topics.
- Maintain student files as requested and required by the needs of federal, state and local guidelines to track student progress. Maintain the confidentiality of student records and student information.
- Maintain activity logs and time and effort documentation that comply with regulatory requirements
- Maintain constant communication with Title I Teachers and General Education Teachers regarding the progress of and concerns about Title I students
- May serve as an active member of teams such as RTI team, data team, PBS team, school improvement team, etc.
- Assist the teacher in communicating and upholding behavior and conduct expectations found in the school-wide behavior management plan; assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment in the classroom.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good general reading, writing and math skills. Specifically an associate’s degree, 60 college credits, or passing scores on an equivalent state-approved assessment).
- Evidence of successful experience in student and parent relations as evidenced through prior experience in personal or professional settings.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an instructional support capacity, as acquired through prior experience in tutoring, teaching or similar work experience.
- Willingness to learn
- Knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics