Part-time position: Non-exempt position, 25 hours per week
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-1:00pm
Starting Salary: $13.25/hour
Benefits: Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF), 8 holidays per year plus additional paid time off.
Closing Date: Until position is filled
- Provides consistent, gracious, and friendly service to internal and external customers.
- Performs daily reviews and validations of sales/fines activities for public service area to maintain the integrity of the library’s end of day activities.
- Ensures cash drawers beginning and ending balances are at required amounts, collects cash as needed, verifies cash deposits are accurate and reconciled, identifies accounting inaccuracies, and communicates findings to the public service team.
- Prepare weekly-consolidated deposits of cash and/or check deposits.
- Process and submit purchase orders, requisitions, and other orders, as needed.
- Perform three-way match of purchase orders, receiving reports, and invoices.
- Check for accuracy in reports, figures, and postings. Reconcile and report any discrepancies found in the records.
- Perform audit counts of physical inventory of building and office supplies for the District and the post inventory reconciliation process. Maintain and stock District main supply location.
- Maintain all finance and account documents in an organized fashion and designate record retention period according to policies and procedures.
- Document scanning of district record for off-site storage including but not limited to scan, image, organize and track library document, adhering to the company's document lifecycle procedures, and archive inactive records in accordance with the records retention schedule.
- Completes other accounting administrative duties including but not limited to: open and route finance mail, maintenance of record retention for finance files, pull supporting documentation for annual audit.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Finance Supervisor and/or Finance Manager.
Education: High School diploma required.
Experience: One year related experience in a comparable business, organization or library preferred.
- Basic knowledge of productivity suites. Must have excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to arrange materials in alphabetical and numerical order.
- Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing. Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and vendors.
- Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations.
Internal: Library staff and management
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds Occasionally.
Work is performed in a typical library environment. Part-time position.