STOKED ON HENHOUSE BREWING!
HenHouse was founded in 2011 in Sonoma County. Our purpose is to produce an amazing and rotating line up of awesome beers with an uncompromising and fearless pursuit of our goals; which are creating new and interesting types of delicious beers with freshness and quality in the forefront, creating meaningful and living wage positions, and to make a difference in our community. Our talented team is committed to making, selling, delivering and serving beer with this intention and purpose in mind.
JOB TITLE: Retail Flight Attendant
LOCATION: Assigned location(s): Petaluma
REPORTS TO: Retail General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
The primary role of the Retail Flight Attendant is to create an educational and welcoming environment for guests. The Flight Attendant is the shaman that opens up new beer realities to the guest, via beer knowledge, company knowledge, outstanding personalized service and solution oriented sales.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
This is not an exhaustive list of all job functions. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner, so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, management and stakeholders. Within the HenHouse team, our members always find ways to look after the business, their co-workers, and the beer!
- ABC compliance
- With the Retail Manager, review necessary ABC and TTB regulations, train staff on applicable regulations, and enforce departmental compliance
- Facilities Maintenance
- Perform cleaning and maintenance of Tasting Rooms and break rooms
- Promptly communicate all facility needs to Retail Manager
- Perform all general beertending duties
- Cash Handling: Possess the ability to ring in sales without errors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment with a focus on customer service based problem solving
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with co workers
- With Retail Manager, work to continuously improve quality at HenHouse Brewing Company
JUSTICE, EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSIVITY (JEDI)
We strive to create workplaces that reflect the community we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We believe that every person brings a unique perspective and experience which enriches and advances our mission to provide Meaningful Employment, Improved Beer Quality for the End Consumer and to Create Wealth for Our Community.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Stoked Flight Attendants are highly enthusiastic about the mission, culture and beer at HenHouse and are excited to share that enthusiasm!
- positive engagement with customers, other brewery representatives, and coworkers.
- Knowledgeable. Flight Attendants are deeply fluent in the Company’s mission, history and beer, and able to speak meaningfully about them to customers, other brewery representatives, and coworkers.
- general brewery knowledge
- industry certifications
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and execute job responsibilities with limited guidance and supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, dependability and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Dependability: Shows up to work on time for shifts and in a positive work mindset. Is seen by coworkers as someone they can count on.
- Teamwork: Works as a positive, contributing member of the team. Treats coworkers with kindness and respect.
- Honesty and integrity – display the highest standards of and ethical conduct personally and professionally
- Committed to excellence, goal oriented and driven/accountable to meet objectives/goals – wants to make a difference and contribute positively to company success
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is ready to work with a “can do” attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Accountability – accepts responsibility for behavior; and starting, controlling and completing tasks
- Must demonstrate moderate computer and smartphone skills
- Google Suite proficiency, preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Two years of experience in a bartending role is preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual, verbal and written, (Spanish), preferred
- Familiarity with various POS systems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION
- Responsible Beverage Server Certification
- Cicerone Level 1 certification is required within 90 days from hire
The traditional methods of performing job functions for this position are reflected below. Reasonable accommodations may be made when such accommodations do not create an undue hardship.
- Must be of legal drinking age (21 years of age) due to exposure and manufacturing of alcohol on the premises
- Ability to communicate in a clear, understandable speaking voice, capable of communicating vital business information to internal / external contacts. Accurate and clear vision and hearing
- Ability to remain standing for extended periods of time. Job duties of this position are primarily performed from a standing position with significant customer interaction
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, kneel, talk and hear
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is a retail/bar atmosphere with outdoor weather conditions and a moderate to loud noise level.