WESTSIDE IS LOOKING FOR A NURSE INFORMATICS SPECIALIST!
JOIN THE TEAM THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
Westside Family Healthcare is a nonprofit organization that provides high quality primary medical care without regard to ability to pay. The Nurse Informatics Specialist is a nurse who is responsible for the assessment, planning, training, implementation, evaluation and optimization of clinical informatics projects. S/he serves as the primary interface between the clinical teams and the information systems teams to ensure multi- and interdisciplinary project coordination. S/he is knowledgeable about clinical process and practice, relevant regulatory mandates, and principles of quality/safety improvement. Her/his projects are planned and implemented using evidence-based practices for understanding, guiding and delivering responsible care.
We are a community-minded, non-partisan health center located in Delaware. Since opening our doors in 1988, Westside has been driven by our mission to improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay. We believe our talented team of clinicians and support staff is vital to achieving our mission and serving our community.
With 240 team members, five health centers, and over 27,000 patients serving all of Delaware, Westside is committed to improving health, one patient, one family, one community at a time.
OUR MISSION: To improve the health of our communities by providing equal access to quality healthcare, regardless of ability to pay.
OUR BENEFITS: Our benefit package includes medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life and disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan with a match, and supplemental insurances. We offer a generous PTO package and flexibility to provide work/life balance. Westside Family Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity.
- Evaluate and optimize clinical software utilizing established standards and protocols incorporating end user feedback.
- Work with subject matter experts to gather specifications for the purchase, development, and installation of clinical systems.
- Evaluate and implement user requests for special enhancements to clinical systems and develop solutions.
- Analyze and document workflows that involve complicated clinical and technical exchanges. Identifies novel ways to bridge the gap between clinical departments and Information Services Department.
- Identify potential process-specific problems and work collaboratively with clinical and operations staff to mitigate or resolve risk and improve quality and safety.
- Research, document, and facilitate resolution to issues reported by end-users. Test clinical software per guidelines and develop test scenarios.
- Develop and follow project work plans and lead initiatives to support change management across the organization.
- Assess how users are progressing with their use of clinical applications, and develop optimization/training to further develop user proficiency, adoption and satisfaction.
- Provide ongoing end-user support and training in the clinical information systems applications via classroom, phone, remote access or one-on-one training sessions.
- Develop and maintain systems' role-based training materials, assessments, curriculum and competencies.
- Observe and document real-time use of the EHR and other clinical information systems. Propose improvements to existing workflows based on identified challenges, best practices and industry standards, and collaborate with key staff members to redesign workflows based on these recommendations.
- Review and document current state workflow, complete training GAP analyses, propose improvements to the training curriculum to address identified gaps.
- Manage and control complex multi-departmental or organization level projects.
- Master’s degree in nursing or nursing informatics.
- Current and active RN license.
- Minimum five years’ experience in clinical practice.
- Two years’ experience implementing or optimizing clinical systems and technology.
- Prior committee and/or project focused work.