The VP Credit Officer works collaboratively with the Chief Credit Officer (CCO) in the areas of credit administration, portfolio analysis, loan policy and underwriting standards, credit procedures and training, credit approval, and overall risk management.
- Portfolio Analysis & Reporting: Responsible for analysis and reporting in support of the Enterprise Risk Management and Credit Administration objectives as determined by the Chief Credit Officer, Bank Leadership and the Bank’s overall strategic plan. Performs stress testing and sensitivity analysis in the Bank’s loan portfolio. Identifies areas of higher or potential risk and performs stratification and additional analysis within the loan portfolio. Prepares periodic reports for management, Bank Loan Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Credit Administration: Under the direction of the Chief Credit Officer, maintains the Bank’s Loan Policy and approval process. Complete data compilation, deck presentation and logistics of recurring meetings. Coordinate amongst credit and the line of business for audit and exam preparation. Assist in driving completion of special credit projects and initiatives. Performs tasks that support the overall Credit Risk Management program. May assist the Chief Credit Officer in managing a select portfolio of workout loans. Support the Chief Credit Officer in reviewing and approving credit transactions as designated in the Loan Policy. May serve as the secretary of Bank Loan Committee.
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively across credit and lending teams to identify, develop and implement opportunities for process efficiencies and enhanced risk management and client service. Collaborates with Loan Review function to confirm on-going portfolio-wide monitoring and credit administration. Gathers and prepares reporting in preparation for regulatory and financial audits and examinations. Serves as a liaison to the lines of business. Develop and deliver training at all levels of the lending and credit function. May manage a junior analysts and other members of the Credit Administration team.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D), One Team and Give Generously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- Strong aptitude for detailed data analysis
- Ability to read and interpret policy documentation
- Performs job responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness resulting in safety, soundness, regulatory compliance, and operational efficiency
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- An independent, quick learner and present a resourceful work ethic
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Self-motivated and persistent in following through
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a growing organization
- Accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to this position.
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree from College or University and a minimum of 10 years of experience in Lending or Credit Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel may be required for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, and related disabilities; marital status; status with regard to public assistance; disability; genetic information; sexual orientation, off duty usage of lawful products; familial status; status as a patient enrolled in the marijuana registry program; membership or activity in a local commission; citizenship status; uniform servicemember status; and age; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.