Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the company every day. The role of every Associate is to promote our mission:
Inform. Outfit. Excite.
The Ecommerce Merchandiser is responsible for merchandising products on the Next Adventure website along with being the first point of contact for our website customers. The Ecommerce Merchandiser gathers all copy, images, and specs for web products and configures Magento to display them to maximize sales and create an excellent online shopping experience. The Ecommerce Merchandiser also answers customer service phone calls and emails including phone order processing, returns, and various other customer service opportunities.
- Gathering product descriptions and specs from manufacturer’s websites to use as a tool to build our own unique website.
- Gathering accurate product images and optimizing them for website use.
- Verifying inventory information, product accuracy, and fixing discrepancies.
- Completely merchandising products on Magento from start to finish.
- Word mapping and assigning color swatches
- Answering phone calls and emails
- Identifying inventory data issues and resolving them
- Gain the required product knowledge.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and use established communication systems to their fullest.
- Be a positive part of the team.
- Perform basic Retail Pro functions.
Job Responsibilities - Photography
- Prepping and styling products to be photographed
- Setting up appropriate lighting for products being photographed
- Capturing photographs of all necessary product views
- Editing photos for use on web and in other product marketing materials
- Communicates effectively with Marketing and other internal teams
- Basic understanding of web technologies, SEO, and how search engines work
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word
- Familiarity with outdoor gear ?
- Ecommerce and or CMS software experience preferred but not necessary
- PC environments don’t scare you
- Above all else, a willingness to learn the ins and outs of e-commerce
- 1 year studio product photography experience
- Experience styling product is preferred but not required
- Experience with setting up studio lighting equipment
- Experience with photo editing in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Goal Orientated- Setting, pursuing and attaining goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
- Teamwork- Cooperating with others to meet objectives.
- Flexibility- Readily modifying, responding and adapting to change with minimal resistance.