Fairstead is a vertically integrated real estate company specializing in affordable and mixed-income housing. Since 2014, Fairstead has acquired and/or developed more than $4 Billion of multifamily property across the country, and today owns a portfolio of 16,500 apartments in 18 states. The company’s comprehensive platform provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design and construction, energy and sustainability, property management and social services.
Fairstead’s primary mission is to provide high quality housing to all regardless of income, and to make our stakeholders feel “Right at Home.” We accomplish this through an empathetic and innovative approach, and by utilizing our interdisciplinary platform as an investor, developer, owner, and operator. Fairstead provides hands-on expertise across all multifamily disciplines, including acquisitions, development, design, construction, energy, sustainability, property management and social services. With a long-term commitment to its residents, communities, and partners, the Fairstead team stands out by:
- Listening to and understanding the needs of its residents, communities, partners, and stakeholders alike
- Developing and preserving high quality affordable housing in an innovative and sustainable fashion
- Creating a positive social and environmental impact within the properties and communities it serves
Fairstead’s Core Values
- Support Asset Manager on a property level basis in a collaborative manner
- Prepare detailed financial models and ad hoc financial forecasting and analyses
- Engage in residential and retail leasing through broker management and pricing strategies
- Prepare investment memos and presentations for senior management
- Monitor the performance of existing portfolio investments through financial review
- Manage special projects and interface with diverse departments including construction, accounting, legal and property management
- Oversee budgets and monthly variance reports submitted by property management
- Identify value add projects throughout portfolio
- Visit properties on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with senior management to evaluate capital events and hold/sell analysis
• Minimum 3-5 years’ applicable real estate experience required
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Financial modeling (Microsoft Excel) and analytical skills
• Demonstrated competency in financial statement analysis, business valuation, accounting and finance.
• Knowledge of the NYC residential and retail rental market a plus
• Manages multiple priorities while demonstrating the initiative to produce results by driving processes
• Team-oriented with strong integrity and professionalism.
• Bright and flexible with strong organizational skills