In this role the Finance Coordinator performs a range of daily/monthly general accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, review and code cash receipts & deposits, account reconciliation, process invoices and prepare checks, report financial information, process weekly payroll, and assist the Director of Finance with preparation for fiscal audits and budgeting reports, and other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position that generally works Monday-Friday days. This position may require occasional extended hours, work on weekends and/or holidays for advance scheduled events and festivals performing vendor settlements, counting deposits, and generating reports.
- Working knowledge of Abila MIP, PowerPlan, and/or Tessitura software.
- Degree or major in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of not-for-profit experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- A minimum of two years’ professional experience working in an accounting or finance-related function
- Ability to demonstrate functional proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication, organizational, computer and arithmetic skills
- Operates with a high level of accuracy, with an attention-to-detail, critical thinking, problem solving, and the ability to operate with the highest level of confidentiality
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks, error free, in a fast-paced environment while ensuring that deadlines are met
- Must be able to sit, bend, twist, and work on a computer/look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required sit and use repetitive movements of the hands.
As defined by the National Labor Relations Act, this position is part of the bargaining unit for UAW Local 2110.
For employment at MASS MoCA, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required for employment.