What you’ll do:
You will work collaboratively with our Job Captains and Senior staff across a variety of projects to support the urban design process, create reports, graphics, and presentations for our public and private sector clients. Staff mentorship is integral to our process at SERA, and we offer new professionals a supportive and multi-faceted environment for career growth with exposure to a wide variety of project types and roles.
Why is this role important?
Urban Design and Planning is an intentionally interdisciplinary studio within SERA, that interacts with architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, and engineers across the firm’s five market sector-aligned studios. within the firm. By bringing interdisciplinary skills together throughout the design process stages, we plan, design, and build vibrant places for our clients, while always keeping a focus on the greater community good. The perfect candidate has an interest and affinity with interdisciplinary design processes, and a passion for making great places.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited Urban Design, Architecture or Landscape Architecture program.
- 1-2 years professional experience preferred.
What you'll bring:
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and ArcGIS are strongly encouraged.
- Hand sketching skills and experience with Lumion, Twinmotion, Revit, Grasshopper, or AutoCAD experience are a plus.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time, and respond quickly to changing client priorities.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.