What you’ll do:
SERA is an extremely successful design firm that works across a broad range of sectors and is always looking to push the limits of how we work. In our Marketing group, we are moving from a traditional proposal manager model to something more full service and empowered: the Senior Marketing Coordinator, who will be assigned to specific studios and partner closely with their leaders to provide a full spectrum of support. Areas of focus include market research; identifying, vetting, and leading pursuits from first rumor to final outcome; planning and coordinating photography in conjunction with project principals and our Sr Graphic Designer (and, depending on interest and secret skills, participating with her in art direction); strategizing and developing awards submissions in partnership with our Marketing Storyteller; and helping to build out our ever-growing collection of data to be leveraged in creative ways in the future.
Why is this role important?
Working with a limited number of specific market sectors allows you to dive deep and build expertise—and working through the full life cycle of every effort allows you to bring strategic thought and creative leadership to everything you’re doing. As your relationship with studio leaders deepens, it also creates opportunities for you to participate in business development strategy and the evolution of the studio’s identity and branding, positioning you as a trusted advisor and communications expert within your group.
We expect this to be a challenge and to take some time to figure out and evolve. You will always have the enthusiastic support of your Marketing Director, Sr Director of BD, Marketing Principal, and Managing Principal. Are you up for the challenge and rewards of building something new?
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- BS or BA degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in the marketing department of A/E/C firm(s).
- Advanced experience with the proposal process and interview preparation.
- Established familiarity and interest in best practices within the AE Marketing field.
What you’ll bring:
- High level of skill with Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Slides required
- Critical thinking, advanced writing skills, and verbal and written communications skills are indispensable
- Editing and proofreading capabilities and experience juggling head-down and highly collaborative work will be extremely valuable
- Familiarity with Deltek Vantagepoint preferred.
- Advanced creative and technical writing skills, grammar and spelling, and editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Advanced verbal communication skills.
- Advanced ability to work under tight deadlines, coordinating several projects at once.
- Advanced project management skills: Ability to define tasks and timeline for getting projects to the finish line, and ability to execute, keeping projects on schedule and achieving defined objectives and milestones.
- Goal oriented, strategic thinker, self-directed.
- Established collaborative work style in a team environment
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.