What you’ll do:
You will work with our Job Captains and Senior Design staff on highly collaborative and interdisciplinary projects to assist in the design process, support the construction documentation effort as well as developing presentation graphics for site based projects. Staff mentorship is integral to our process at SERA, and we offer new professionals a supportive and multi-faceted environment for career growth with exposure to a wide variety of project types and roles.
Why is this role important?
Our Landscape team works across SERA’s varied portfolio on a variety of scales and project types, from plaza and courtyard design, to parks and neighborhood open space, to streetscapes and corridors. This position will be essential to working across a highly interdisciplinary, and highly varied portfolio of work.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited Landscape Architecture program.
- 1-2 years of professional experience is desired.
What you'll bring:
- Rhino and Lumion experience is preferred.
- Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and Lumion experience is preferred.
- Passion for Landscape Architecture and the ability to work in collaborative environment.
- General knowledge of site and landscape materials and systems.
- Strong communication skills: graphics, written and verbal.
- Interest and basic knowledge in Landscape Architectural design and documentation from concept through implementation.
- Ability to think and learn at multiple scales from detailed design to larger scale master planning work.
- Interest in planting design and basic knowledge of native plant material.
- Eager and adaptive learner.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.