As a Senior Designer, you are responsible for high-level creative and managing junior-level Designers as assigned. You will design and/or oversee bigger projects as needed, traffic projects, and provide direction and feedback to junior-level Designers. You will work closely with other team members including Designers, the Art Director and Brand Managers, and act as point-person for any questions, concerns, or suggestions from your assigned staff and from BMs on your assigned clients.
You will support the management needs of your department, including training, developing, and motivating current Designers and new hires. This includes, but is not limited to, ongoing support, new hire training, and regular check-ins with assigned staff. You will also work with the Art Director to provide development opportunities for our design team, such as planning workshops, initiating check-ins with individual designers who have areas of improvement, or working with other senior-level staff as needed for agency-wide training and development.
Visit mariandgold.com for more information.
- Oversee assigned design accounts; Have a base-level understanding of each brand’s tone and look & feel to be able to give appropriate and accurate feedback
- Design and/or oversee high-level creative, such as brand development, websites, campaigns, etc.
- This can include either working on the project yourself (with additional support as needed), or overseeing the design process if the project falls in the wheelhouse of other Designers; this role will involve a good amount of design execution
- Includes managing internal design timelines and setting meetings, such as brainstorming and internal designer reviews
- Trafficking and delegating projects for your assigned clients to Designers
- Includes briefly reviewing CB to ensure all necessary information is there (tap BM as needed), assigning projects out to Designers based on current workflow and skillset, moving timelines as needed/permitted, providing general design direction, and giving feedback to Designers before going to BM/client
- Schedule monthly check-ins with assigned team members to see how the month has been, motivate and encourage staff, and/or talk about areas of improvement
- Understand each Designer’s strengths, areas of improvement, and future goals to be able to assign appropriate projects and provide training as needed
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of design experience, preferably at an agency
- Proficient in Adobe CC, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Bonus: Proficiency in motion design (After Effects) and web design (XD / Figma)
- Strong organizational and leadership experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well versed in a wide variety of design mediums ranging from print, packaging, digital, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of HTML / CSS
- Bonus: Experience with designing digital, paid media ads; Additional bonus if you have experience with Flexitive or Creatopy
- Passionate about the Hospitality & Restaurant industry
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- $65,000 - $75,000 DOE
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, available day one
- 401(k) plan
- “Work from where you want” stipend to support flexible working arrangements
- Professional development and learning stipends
- 15 vacation days that will accrue in your first year; Vacation days will increase with tenure
- 9 paid holidays + 2 paid flexible holidays
- Parental Leave Benefits
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
Mari+Gold is continuously striving to create a more vibrant environment with diversity and inclusivity as its foundation--we welcome individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and lifestyles. We believe we create the best work when every team member feels comfortable being their true, authentic selves.
Mari+Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com or at 619-663-5424.