What you’ll do:
This position builds upon a foundation of knowledge of interior design principles and technical skills and allows you to grow in the profession by beginning to lead client presentations and mentor and delegate to less experienced staff members. In this position, you will become fluent at using Revit both as a documentation tool and as a design study and presentation model with clients, including using Enscape and VR tools.
Why is this role important?
Career development is key to SERA’s strength and longevity as a firm. We provide opportunities and support for our mid-level staff to grow their skill sets, building autonomy and the chance to define their own greater next steps. In the long term, we see this as a role where success leads naturally to increasing levels of leadership and creative opportunities.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Generally have 4 - 7 years of industry experience in an architect or interiors office.
- May be NCIDQ but not required.
- Handle the health and welfare of the Revit model.
- Develop, codify, and enforce the BIM Execution Plan on assigned projects.
- Experience with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and MS Office required.
What you'll bring:
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Bluebeam preferred.
- Ability to communicate through verbal, written, and graphic communication formats.
- Ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Established critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses, or alternate solutions to problem with some supervision.
- Develop professional judgment and decision-making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Develop leadership skills that motivate and guide teams and projects to desired outcomes.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.