Our Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive Vice President, Head of the Tax Credit Equity, and support Merchants Capital Boston Office. A successful Administrative Assistant will allow the EVP and her team to work efficiently and effectively in making and carrying out business decisions and executing on key project deliverables. The ideal person will rely upon an outstanding self-starting initiative to observe, analyze, and act with little direct supervision.
After one year as an Administrative Assistant, you will know you were successful if you…
- Prepare correspondence and manage confidential, sensitive information
- Prepare documents, reports, and presentation materials
- Coordinate schedules
- Manage project timelines/deadlines and relevant communication
- Arrange travel accommodations as applicable
- Organize and maintain confidential records and files
- Schedule internal and external meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas and applicable reports for meetings and committees
- Review and edit reports for various committees
- Attend various meetings to take notes and prepare meeting minutes as needed
What we are looking for…
- Must always demonstrate the utmost professionalism and confidentiality in all circumstances
- Requires a minimum of five years of experience in a substantially similar role and organization
- Requires a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution; prefers an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills, including via phone, email, and in-person
- Must possess strong organizational skills with an ability to work independently
- Must demonstrate an ability to organize and support others in a way that accommodates the other person as an individual
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office products above a basic level: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Teams.
- Requires resiliency, determination, and an attitude of humility
Merchants Capital was established in August of 1990 as a mortgage banking firm specializing in multifamily housing and healthcare facilities finance. With extensive experience in these types of finance, the company is a premier provider and servicer of Multifamily, Affordable, Healthcare, and Student Housing. Our mission is simple: to provide the best origination and service of our loan and investment products with exceptional customer service, accuracy, creativity, speed, and conformance to regulations.
Merchants Capital Corp. (MCC) has originated and closed more than $14 billion in financing and now services more than $10 billion. MCC’s primary source of funding is the secondary market of federally chartered agencies and the federal government and tax credit equity investors.