The Accounting Specialist’s responsibilities include Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R), payroll and month-end closing processes, as well as other accounting related functions as requested by the Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple priorities, while maintaining a high level of accounting services and professionalism. Must be comfortable with communicating with customers (internal and external) in person, by telephone, or Teams/WebEx while placing a high emphasis on customer service in this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information from multiple organizations including, but not limited to, payroll, timekeeping, travel expenses, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Accounts payable, accounts receivable and invoicing generation for multiple programs
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily accounting transactions
- Posting of journal entries to balance sheet and income statement based upon predetermined methods and routines
- Review and manage month ending accounting closeout processes, including bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Support budget and forecasting activities for indirect expenses and cash flow.
- Project reconciliation and closeout support.
- Support front desk duties, answer phone calls and interface with internal / external customers as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- No or some college in a related discipline with 4 year’s professional experience
- Associates degree in a related discipline with 3 year’s professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with 2 years’ professional experience
- Master’s degree in a related discipline with 1 year’s professional experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles; process analysis and evaluation; and strategies for gathering, reviewing and analyzing data requirements
- Working knowledge of debits / credit accounting, prepaids, accruals, and deferred revenue
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite Tools including Word, Excel (Pivot Tables) & PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, communication, and creative problem-solving skills
- Three to five years performing full charge bookkeeping
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, staff and customers (internally and externally)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be decisive and work well with a deadline driven environment
- Confident in one’s abilities and able to work independently, with minimal direction
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) accounting software such as Epicor in an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Government Contract Accounting and Project Cost Accounting.
- Experience with generating invoices for Government Contracts and utilizing Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF)
- Due to contractual requirements candidate must be a United States Citizen
- Must be able to pass an initial background check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an active Department of Defense security clearance. Employee/selected candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information (as required)
- Must be able and willingness to travel (CONUS/OCONUS)
- ASI is a Drug Free Workplace where applicants and employees are required to successfully pass pre-employment and Random drug testing.
- Typically employees sit comfortably to do their work, interspersed by brief periods of standing, walking, bending carrying papers and books, and extensive periods requiring the use of computer terminals to accomplish work objectives.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified people with disabilities to perform the job.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment consisting of offices and cubicles with low to moderate noise and bright or dim lighting. The work is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as external customers.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
ASI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic/civil partnership or marital status, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. We strive for everyone to be valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.
ASI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
It is the policy of ASI to comply with all the relevant and applicable provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and its Amendments. ASI will not discriminate against any qualified employee or job applicant with respect to any terms, privileges, or conditions of employment because of a person's physical or mental disability. ASI also will make reasonable accommodation wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with handicaps, disabilities, provided that the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made are not an undue hardship for ASI.