Do you enjoy assembling crates and packaging? Are you proficient in operating a forklift and an air nail gun? Are you self-motivated, driven and results oriented? If yes, great! Join our team today!
SHAPING THE FUTURE TOGETHER
Who are we looking for?
A highly motivated and driven self-starter Shipping and Crating Specialist who can work well in a team oriented atmosphere. The ideal candidate should have 1-4 years of experience in building crates and working in a warehouse/shipping environment. Qualified candidates must be able to use an air nail gun, operate a forklift and read ruler measurements accurately to be successful in this role. Shift hours are 5am-1:30pm at our Jackson, WI location.
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for packing product into pre-cut crates for domestic or foreign shipment, verifying shipment for correct materials and handling instructions, and loading product and related parts on truck and/or flatbeds.
Who we are?
Rytec is North America’s leading independent manufacturer of high-speed, high-performance doors for industrial, commercial, retail auto, food and beverage, and controlled-temperature environments. The fundamental vitality and strength of Rytec lies in our associates. Rytec's culture is rooted in how our associates behave; we care about our customers and about each other. We provide an environment enriched with open communications, empowering our associates to be creative with opportunities.
What makes us great:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Earn up to $600 or 2 additional vacation days annually with our Wellness Program
- 401K company match
- $5,000+ annual tuition reimbursement
What makes us different? Together we can make a difference through our Core Values. Every associate is expected to demonstrate our core values every day at Rytec. We are looking for individuals with the same values!
Accountability- Be responsible to yourself, business partners and the community.
Respect- Treat others with fairness, professionalism and dignity.
Commitment- Be dedicated to making a difference through passion, improvement and innovation.
Integrity- Create trust through honest and ethical interactions.
Collaboration- Make a personal commitment to promote teamwork and seek mutual gains in your relationships.
Benefits of joining our team:
Medical – 2 plans· Dental- 2 plans ·Vision- 2 plans· Basic Life· AD&D· Dependent Life· Supplemental Life· Tuition Reimbursement· Paid time off accrual· Holiday pay· Floating holiday· Community Involvement paid time off· 401K: Fully vested from day 1 & 100% employer matching up to 3%% (Fully vested immediately)
If you are ready to join a winning team, apply now!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, or other protected status. For consideration, please submit your resume with salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
Under the direction of the Shop Supervisor the Shipping/Crating Specialist is responsible for packing product into pre-cut crates for domestic or foreign shipment, verifying shipment for correct materials and handling instructions, and loading product and related parts on truck and/or flatbeds.
- Perform assemblies of crates in a safe and organized fashion using pneumatic nail guns and staplers.
- Prepare and crate doors and parts orders for shipment per specifications and requirements. Pull stock components (small parts, hardware, and weldments).
- Check shipment for correct materials, packing and crating, tagging and handling instructions.
- Operate forklift to load crates into or on trucks, vans or flatbeds in a safe fashion.
- Perform general housekeeping practices in and around the receiving and or storage areas.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as check lists, packing slips, manuals and drawings.
- Ability to use tape measure and operate tools such as nail gun, stapler and air ratchet.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work load and to manage more than one task at a time.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graph
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift 50 - 75 pounds occasionally.
- Squatting, kneeling and standing frequently.
- This position is exposed to dust/dirt frequently and fumes, vapors and mists occasionally.
- This position is in a manufacturing environment where the noise level is high.