Prevailance is seeking an experienced, mission-focused professional to support the Surface Warfare Engineering Schools Command (SWESC) as a Diesel Engineman Contractor Instructor (EN CI). The EN CI will support SWESC and provide instruction, operation, testing, remediation, curriculum support (includes curriculum updates and maintenance), administration, safety, and management support services for formalized naval training.
The EN CI is responsible for technical and military training, involving instructor services and remediation for DOD personnel, including Navy and Allied Forces officers and enlisted personnel, temporarily assigned to SWESC Great Lakes, IL for training.
The EN CI shall have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of the Navy Instructor Training Course (CIN: A-012-0077) (NEC 9502) or equivalent instructor training course
- A minimum of three (3) years of technical experience in the subject matter hired to instruct
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Military Training Environment
- Must be a former senior (E5 – E9) Engineman/Machinist Mate Diesel main, with a main propulsion background
- Tier I (Master Level): An Engineman and a graduate of the following courses: LSD 41/49 Colt-Pielstick Maintainer, (A-652-0323), Diesel Engine C School Module 5 (LPD C/P), (A-651-9001), USCG ALCO 251C, (A-651-3030), USCG FBM, (A-651-3031) and Fairbanks Morse Diesel 38ND 8-1/8, (A-652-0450), OR
- Tier II (Journeyman Level): An Engineman and a graduate of at least one (1) of the following courses; LST 41/49 Colt-Pielstick Maintainer, (A-652-0323), Diesel Engine C School Module 5 (LPD C/P), (A-651-9001), USCG ALCO 251C, (A-651-3030), USCG FBM, (A-651-3031) and Fairbanks Morse Diesel 38ND 8-1/8, (A-652-0450), AND
- Have comprehensive knowledge in the areas of safety, operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of the course/systems listed above
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to obtain a favorable background
COVID-19 Requirements: All Prospective employees will be required to adhere to Prevailance’ s vaccination policy to ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042 Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. At present the Government has not established a date by which EO 14042 will be enforced. Once the enforcement date is set, prospective employees must submit proof of full vaccination unless a Prevailance approved accommodation for disability (to include medical conditions) or religious-based reasons has been received.
Prevailance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract. Prevailance, Inc. participates in E-Verify and is VEVRAA Compliant.