What you’ll do:
In this role, you will work closely with Designers, Principals, consultants and the client to coordinate and steer the design and technical development of a project, while also sharing your knowledge and supervising the work of junior staff. The best Project Architects not only have a keen eye for design and a fastidious attention to detail, but relish solving gnarly problems at every scale.
Why is this role important?
At SERA, Project Architects are the backbone of every successful team. Your extensive professional experience and deep industry knowledge will allow you to influence the practice of architecture within the firm and your ability to work with and guide teams will provide the basis for a stronger firm, profession, and industry.
SERA is a firm of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned firm promotes a collaborative environment where every staff member’s unique strengths and contributions are valued. Sustainability, urbanism, and community-building are intrinsic to the ways we think and work. We’re not afraid of the gnarly problems that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays wrap up around the kegerator passionately hashing out the next, better idea.
Education + Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited program.
- Licensed architect is required.
- Generally have 12+ years of experience.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite required.
- LEED AP Preferred.
What you'll bring:
- Possesses advanced knowledge of the OSSC/ ADAAG and possesses the ability to achieve the intent of the code through variances and appeals.
- Possesses knowledge of other codes such as OMSC, OFC, NFPA, OSHA, FHA, ANSI, City of Portland, etc. and the USGBC LEED rating system and score card.
- Knowledge of Sketchup, SpecLink, Smartsheet, and Deltek preferred.
- Advanced ability to communicate through verbal, written and graphic communication formats.
- Advanced ability to determine the right tool for the task.
- Advanced ability to prioritize and evaluate multiple important tasks.
- Advanced critical thinking to identify strengths, weaknesses or alternate solutions to a problem independently.
- Advanced professional judgment and decision-making processes to determine the most appropriate course of action.
- Advanced leadership skills that motivate and inspire to guide teams and projects toward desired outcomes.
- Established skills necessary to resolve conflicts within project teams.
- Established ability to negotiate with and/ or advocate for team members, consultants, clients, jurisdictions for the benefit of SERA and the project.
COVID-19 considerations: Proof of COVID-19 Vaccine (required)
SERA Architects Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.