Objectives of this Role
- Plan and perform a variety of electrical assembly operations working from controls schematics/drawing and specifications following detailed instructions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform the care and use of standard hand tools, conduit benders, forklifts, grinders, and electrical test equipment to do electrical construction.
- Document changes to Controls drawings/schematics.
- Collaborate with Assembly and Controls personnel to troubleshoot equipment.
- Assist other electricians in electrical assembly operations and procedures.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the electrical assembly team and its functions.
- Perform other related duties as required by management.
- Potential travel with equipment for installation.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have or be working toward a Virginia State Electrical License.
- Experience with 24VDC controls and troubleshooting high voltage systems up to 480VAC, 3-Phase, 60Hz required.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, servo drives, and variable frequency drives helpful but not necessary.
- Take a pre-engineered panel schematic and wire all components while making sure they are identified and routed in a professional and safe and timely manner.
- Interpret blueprint with little or no engineering instruction to determine the proper wire sizing, conduit size and routing.
- Mechanical aptitude to help with pneumatic and mechanical machine assembly.
- Ability to operate computer.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Executing up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with Engineering, management, and manufacturing.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.