Objectives of this Role
- Provide professional equipment installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and customer support services for a complete range of ESS products.
- Demonstrate excellent technical, customer service and communication skills on the job.
- Train customer employees on fundamental operation and maintenance procedures for ESS equipment.
- Meet ESS’s quality standards while maintaining working knowledge of relevant technologies and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installation, start up and debug of ESS equipment at customer locations.
- Provide service maintenance, troubleshooting, and training following established company procedures.
- Travel 75% required in the USA, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Serve as the liaison between the customer and the company. Ensure the customer receives the final, up-to-date machine documentation (manuals, electrical drawings, etc.).
- Manage the assigned project ensuring schedules and objectives are met. Ensure customer satisfaction by obtaining written site acceptance on work performed.
- Use a wide variety of resources, such as hand tools, computers, and software to perform routine and non-routine maintenance, troubleshooting and reports.
Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Must be familiar with programming of Allen Bradley ControLogix platform, HMI and servo motion control. Vision Experience is preferred.
- Strong electrical, mechanical, and programming background. This includes robotics. FANUC robotics experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- 3+ years of experience in a field service capacity or as a plant maintenance technician.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for customer relations.
- Ability to operate computer, telephone, hand tools and shop equipment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Electrical/mechanical/programming skills.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, hand tools and telephone.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Executing up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with machine building, electrical, mechanical, robotic, blueprint reading – mechanical and wiring, and customer service.
- Ability to plan, schedule, train, check and evaluate work.
- Ability to troubleshoot immediately and independently as machine problems come up at customer site (electrical/ programs/machine).
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.