Job Title: Bartender
Department: House Services
Reports To: House Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt, Part-time
Salary: $13.50/hour (plus tips)
Under the general direction of the House Services Manager, the Bartender is responsible for selling concessions before the show and during intermission, ordering and restocking product and supplies, maintaining proper health code standards, and other duties as assigned by the House Manager. The Bartender must be TIPS certified; CPR and Crowd Management certifications are a plus. (Trinity Rep will assist with certifications if a candidate’s experience meets other requirements). Weekends, mornings, evenings, and holidays required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Completing a daily checklist to ensure that the bars are safe and ready for patrons
- Maintaining a thorough daily cleaning schedule
- Ensuring that all RI health code regulations are understood and followed, including carding patrons purchasing alcohol and following COVID protocols.
- Patron Service and Experience
- Ensuring that patrons and community members have an exceptional, welcoming, and inclusive experience when attending or interacting with Trinity Rep
- Answering any patron questions or directing them as appropriate
- Handling payments and point-of-sale operations
- Fulfilling food and beverage orders for patrons
- Mixing drinks when requested, following all applicable state and local laws
- Setting-up and tearing-down of bar every shift
- Ensuring that the refrigerators/freezers and all storage areas are adequately stocked for future shifts
- Alerting the Lead Bartender when products and supplies need to be ordered
ALL Trinity Rep staff must have proof of COVID19 vaccination and booster. If you have medical or religious exemption status, please inform HR immediately. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Must have excellent skills and experience in food service and customer service, preferably as a bartender. Experience with performing arts, restaurant, or hospitality organizations preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, patrons, and the general public in writing, by telephone, through face-to-face conversation, and public speaking.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
To perform this job successfully, the individual will utilize point-of-sale software and email programs.
Other Qualifications: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Must have a positive, results-oriented approach and willingness to work as part of a team. Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure. Interest in theatre is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit or stand in a stationary position for up to 75 percent of the time
- Must be able to regularly move up and down stairs
- Must have the physical ability to regularly operate electronic equipment (point-of-sale system, etc.)
- Must have the physical ability to move objects weighing up to 30 pounds for office functions and product storage
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Currently, due to the pandemic, on-site work must be carried forth pursuant to the protocols in Trinity Rep’s COVID-19 Safety Plan and Protocols.
- The noise level in the work environment ranges from low to high.
- Trinity Rep is a collaborative work environment, and employees are expected to be open and willing to collaborate across departments and teams.
- This position requires work on mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position will have off multiple months between shows based on our season schedule, which will be known in advance. We acknowledge that this individual may need another part-time job and will provide accommodations as able.
- This position does not require travel.
Trinity Repertory Company is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse, equitable, and anti-racist environment. For information about Trinity Rep’s commitment to anti-racism, please visit trinityrep.com/antiracism.