Full Time and Part Time Positions
Pay Range: $85K - 105K Annually
Negotiable with exceptional experience
Are you an outstanding veterinarian looking for an opportunity to practice exceptional medicine with the support of highly experienced technical staff, in a clinic with modern equipment such as in-house diagnostics, dental radiography, and ultrasound? Are you looking for an opportunity to work in a new practice with an eye toward growth? Are you looking for a set schedule, lunch breaks, benefits and work-life balance?
Clover Basin Animal Hospital is committed to providing gold standard medicine and a premium client experience. We place a strong emphasis on providing industry leading diagnostic, surgical and dental services for our patients, built on a foundation of sound preventive care and wellness. Our experienced technical staff, client service staff, and back-office team make it possible for veterinarians to focus on exceptional medicine. The Associate Veterinarian works collaboratively with other staff Veterinarians, Practice Manager, and Owners to deliver the highest quality medicine to our patients, while establishing strong relationships with clients.
We are a local and family-owned small animal general practice in Southwest Longmont. We offer a premium and personalized experience for owners and their pets. We prioritize a healthy work-life balance for our employees, as well as a culture that promotes fairness, equality, and open communication. Employees will have consistent schedules, as well as a dedicated one-hour lunch break. Come work with our experienced team in a teaching environment where professional and technical staff will have the opportunity for skill/competency growth and career advancement, through continuing education and practice growth.
- Deliver medical, surgical, and dental treatments using formulary approved pharmaceuticals, supplies, and equipment, in accordance with AVMA (as well as other recognized animal health organization) guidelines and standards
- Diagnose, treat, and prescribe for a wide variety of injuries and illnesses seen in the canine and feline patient
- Leverage evidence-based medicine, while continuing in the pursuit of education to deliver high quality patient care
- Maintain accurate, comprehensive medical records for each patient treated
- Communicate effectively and compassionately with clients, presenting them with treatment options and alternatives, while being sensitive to their emotional state and financial status
- Along with the client, advocate for their pet’s overall quality of life by planning future visits, and providing clear and concise communication(s) regarding home-care instructions, etc.
- Foster a culture where the veterinary support team strictly adheres to medical standards and ethical procedures
- Aide in supervising and teaching of veterinary support staff in all aspects of daily medical hospital operations
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Practice Manager or Medical Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High level of proficiency with a wide variety of soft tissue surgical procedures, including but not limited to: OVH, castration, lumpectomy, laceration repair, cystotomy, abdominal explore, foreign body removal, enucleation, cherry eye repair, entropion repair, etc.
- High level of proficiency with interpretation of dental rads, as well as performing dental extractions in an efficient and skilled manner
- Above average competency in the following areas:
- --Anesthesia and analgesia
- --Interpretation of digital radiographs
- --Interpretation of fecal, blood/cytology, and urine samples
- --Animal behavior
- --Maintenance of patient medical records
- --Knowledge of common injuries, illnesses, and diseases affecting canine and feline patients, as well as how to manage and treat
- Proven efficiency and time-management skills, as well as the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while still having a keen attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Proven customer service and client communication, including ensuring client satisfaction at all times
- Current license issued by the Colorado State Board of Veterinary Medicine (license must be in good standing!)
- Current DEA license, or ability to obtain one
- Ability to demonstrate proper lifting technique up to 40lbs
- Ability to wear a face mask at all times while inside the facility
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel, and reach
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in an often-noisy environment with barking dogs
- Dexterity to write and manipulate a keyboard and mouse