The Legal Transcriber/Editor requires a versatile candidate with great attention to detail and excellent organization and communication skills. The ideal candidate must be a positive team-player that can work well under pressure, easily grasp concepts, use discretion and independent judgment, and solve problems in a professional and timely manner. The Legal Transcriber/Editor is primarily responsible for the final stages of transcript creation. This includes proofreading, editing, formatting and certifying final transcript files for production, tracking deadlines, and updating job notes.
LEGAL TRANSCRIBER/EDITOR ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain and update shared transcription calendar with deadlines
- Edit and quality-check transcripts with audio
- Format and supplement transcripts as needed
- Certify accuracy of transcripts
- Coordinate deliverables with production department
- Enter job notes in Reporter Base
- Perform transcription and production duties as needed
- Provide suggestions on how to improve transcription workflow, policies and procedures through process improvements and/or utilization of technology
- Other duties as assigned
LEGAL TRANSCRIBER/EDITOR LOCATION:
LEGAL TRANSCRIBER/EDITOR SHIFT:
12:00pm - 8:00pm EST
LEGAL TRANSCRIBER/EDITOR COMPENSATION:
Minimum of three years’ experience with court or legal transcription and/or CET (AAERT) certification. Must have superb written and verbal communication skills and experience with Microsoft Office products. Strong attention to detail and excellent customer service skills. Analytical and problem-solving skills, decision-making skills and good judgment. Must be able to work in a professional and confidential environment.