General Statement of Duties
The Brand Manager will work with the Vice President of Customer Experience to define ImOn’s brand messaging and strategy. This position will lead a team responsible for building and maintaining ImOn’s brand awareness and market positioning. Responsibilities will include market and customer research, message development, community and organic social media engagement, and grass roots marketing activities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work with VP Customer Experience to develop brand messages based on market insights and work with Growth Marketing Manager to deploy these messages through marketing materials and activities.
- Build plan for community and grass roots marketing activities to promote the ImOn brand.
- Regularly report market and competitive trends to management.
- Provide customer and prospect insights to management, including implications and recommendations for ImOn brand and other marketing activities.
- Build and manage the team responsible to:
- Stay current on market trends and competitive activity.
- Research, segment, and understand ImOn’s prospective customer base.
- Oversee social media accounts and ensure brand consistency and awareness.
- Implement community support and grass roots marketing activities to promote the ImOn brand.
- Coordinate and communicate brand positioning and messaging within ImOn.
- Manage relationships with affiliates and vendors.
- Work Direction: Plan, coordinate, assign, and oversee work of direct reports. Set SMART goals for team members to support reaching department and corporate goals.
- Accountability of Employees: Perform detailed job checks to assure company standards are met. Manage employee performance and accountability.
- Employee Feedback: Complete employee performance appraisals, reward employees, and administer conflict resolution and corrective discipline up to and including termination if needed. Coach and conduct weekly one-on-one sessions with each employee.
- Recruiting/Retention: Interview, hire and assist with on-boarding process of marketing.
- Training: Train employees on job functions.
- Financial: Authorize bi-weekly payroll and time-off requests of staff. Help develop the annual budget for the department, and track and manage expenses to budget throughout the year.
- Company Culture: Instills Company Culture within the team.
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong leadership, strategic thinking, problem solving, decision-making, analytical skills and organizational skills.
- Customer and market focus
- Relationship management
- Project Management: Planning, Prioritizing, and Goal Setting
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Learning Orientation
- Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Teamwork Orientation
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be employee focused with a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a reliable, conscientious team player.
- Must have employee management experience with knowledge of applicable state and federal employee laws.
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize effectively with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
Required Experience, Training, and Special Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field.
- Ten years of marketing experience, with emphasis in brand positioning and management.
- Five or more years of related supervisory or leadership experience
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, channels and platforms.