miRagen is currently seeking a Process Chemistry Associate I/II (PCA I/II) to conduct routine synthesis and process development. The incumbent will support the development of procedures and protocols leading to enhanced quality, purity, reproducibility, and other cost saving measures. The PCA I/II continually aims to learn new chemistries, techniques, technologies, suppliers and other advancements in oligonucleotide synthesis. Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform automated synthesis of oligonucleotides on a variety of scales and/or instruments.
- Assist with synthesis validation and optimization processes.
- Conduct downstream deprotection and/or other post-synthesis work-up.
- Ensure compliance with the finished product specifications (e.g. – yield and purity).
- Assist with instrument maintenance and synthesis reagent tracking.
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook and other records.
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related Life Science degree, with a minimum two years of relevant experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in solid phase synthesis of oligonucleotides and modified biopolymers.
- Familiarity with DNA/RNA automated synthesizers.
- MerMade and/or ÄKTA OligoPilot experience preferred but not requisite.
- Experience with laboratory automation desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs. Experience with ChemDraw desirable.
- Solid troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Excellent time management.