We are looking for Part-time/Seasonal Retail Associates to join the American Swedish Institute.
- Weekend shift or shifts available in August.
- Holiday season shifts begin November 15 thru January 10.
As our ASI Retail Associate you will get to:
- Welcome all customers, provide information on products, answer questions and assist with merchandise selection in the Museum store as well as the Julshop which is open during the Christmas season.
- Process sales transactions, restock inventory, and provide outstanding customer service to ASI shoppers.
- Operate POS and electronic scanning equipment to record sales. Collect cash, checks, or process credit card transactions for purchases, and follow ASI cash handling policies.
- Restock inventory as needed, utilizing the daily sales analysis report.
- Maintain a clean and organized store and breakroom.
- Help to create and maintain a visually appealing store display under the direction of the Retail Manager.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
As our Retail Sales Associate you will have:
- 1-year retail or customer service experience.
- H.S. Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of basic math to count accurate change and sales.
- Basic computer skills to operate the POS, ability to learn and understand SOP’s in order to troubleshoot by thinking through the process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills demonstrating ability to speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/external relations.
- Demonstrate ability to provide outstanding customer service by identifying and focusing on customer needs/requests, resolving conflict.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through on projects in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended period of time
The American Swedish Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All our employment practices, benefits and programs will be administered without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, status with respect to receipt of public assistance or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.