TreePeople is an environmental nonprofit organization that mobilizes individuals, families, communities, philanthropists, and public agencies to work together to create green, resilient communities by providing education on the benefits of planting trees, and capturing the rainwater greening schools, and providing fun environmental educational activities. TreePeople unites with communities to grow a greener, shadier and more water-secure region at homes, neighborhoods, schools and in the local mountains.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable & Receivable Specialist who is a team player and familiar with the non-profit industry to join our Finance team. This position will be responsible for supporting the department by performing day-to-day and month-to-month accounting functions and performs full cycle accounts receivable duties.
· Process accounts payable and accounts receivable information in an accurate and timely manner.
· Review and post adjustments to AP.
· Ensure remitting vendor payments in line with our contract terms.
· Deposit and record check receipts and credit card payments.
· Manage, process and code all donations received.
· Assist team with day-to-day functions.
· Ensure accurate coding of data into subsidiary systems.
· Ensure timely and accurate recording and documentation of credit card purchases.
· Assist in the processing of standard routine journal entries.
· Assist in updating standard routine financial supporting schedules.
· Manage department records (paper and electronic files).
· Research and resolve vendor discrepancies.
· Maintain W-9 files and process all 1099 documents.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associates Degree in Accounting or higher.
· 2+ years of accounting work experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
· Proficient in using QuickBooks, Bill.com, SAGE, and MS Office (Excel) utilizing complex spreadsheets.
· General knowledge of US GAAP, accounting policies, procedures.
· Exceptional organizational skills and a detail-oriented problem solver.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Adherence to deadlines while communicating and coordinating with leadership and vendors.
· Flexible and fast learner.
· Excellent communication and writing skills.