Do you have the passion to join a group whose mission is to pioneer the discovery of a new class of medicines to treat diseases unaddressed by today’s therapies? Does it excite you to be a part of a company with a platform that can address any disease area with high unmet medical need? If yes, you may be a great fit to join Arrakis on our path to bring powerful new RNA-targeted small molecule (rSM) medicines to millions of patients.
Your Impact at Arrakis
The mission of Arrakis Therapeutics is to extend small molecule medicines into new realms of biology by discovering and developing compounds that selectively target RNA. By targeting distinct RNA structure: function relationships, Arrakis aims to generate drug candidates with novel mechanisms of action for molecular targets that are challenging to drug with other approaches, opening up vast new realms of human biology for medicine.
We’re looking for a highly motivated RNA structural biologist with a passion for leveraging an integrative structural biology approach to investigate RNA and RNA-ligand complexes. You will design and conduct innovative experiments, communicate effectively in meetings and collaborate with other cross functional teams providing RNA structural biology expertise to advance early drug discovery efforts. Demonstrated experience in X-ray crystallography, cryo-EM or atomic force microscopy is required, as well as a strong background in other biochemical and biophysical techniques for the characterization of RNA.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and prepare RNA constructs for investigation of RNA and RNA-ligand complexes by X-ray crystallography, atomic force microscopy and other structural biology techniques
- Perform structural study experiments, analyze, interpret, and effectively communicate results to project teams
- Contribute to multiple projects in parallel in collaboration with cross-functional teams to inform development of RNA-targeting small molecules
- Interface with CROs, academic collaborators and RNA Biochemistry team
- Maintain scientific and technical expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and attending conferences
- Contribute to Arrakis’ scientific publications and patent applications
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology or related scientific field, industry experience is a plus; Master’s with 6+ years of industry experience; or Bachelor’s with 8+ years of industry experience
- Expertise in biochemical/biophysical characterization and structure determination of RNA by X-ray crystallography, cryo-EM or atomic force microscopy
- Extensive experience in RNA construct design, production and characterization
- Familiarity with other biophysical methods (e.g., SAXS, MS, SPR, etc.)
- Familiarity with biomolecular structure modeling and RNA-ligand interactions
- Proven track record of scientific innovation, as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or patents
- Proactive and efficient to enable high-quality results while fostering a positive work environment
- Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude without losing objectivity
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and copes effectively with complexity and change
Interested in learning more about Arrakis? Click on the links below!
Arrakis/Amgen Partnership (Jan. 2022)
Arrakis/Roche Alliance Partnership (April 2021)
Dark Matter Blog: Arrakis achieves escape velocity
Dark Matter Blog: Following our pole star
Arrakis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, military service, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.