Do you enjoy solving technical problems? Are you a great communicator who loves delivering top notch customer service? Great! Join our team today!
SHAPING THE FUTURE TOGETHER
Who are we looking for?
A highly motivated and driven Technical Support Specialist to join our Technical Services team! The ideal candidate should have knowledge in and around electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, understand PLC driven machinery, and be able to follow a ladder diagram. The ability to handle problems in a timely manner is crucial to reaching target goals in this role. The first few weeks of training for this opportunity will take place between the Jackson, WI and Hartford, WI facilities but once training is completed the position will be mostly remote.
What you will be doing:
The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical problem resolution to dealers and end-users. The Technical Support Specialist will strive to provide the highest level of customer service, by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
Who we are?
Rytec is North America’s leading independent manufacturer of high-speed, high-performance doors for industrial, commercial, retail auto, food and beverage, and controlled-temperature environments. The fundamental vitality and strength of Rytec lies in our associates. Rytec's culture is rooted in how our associates behave; we care about our customers and about each other. We provide an environment enriched with open communications, empowering our associates to be creative with opportunities.
What makes Rytec great:
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 401K company match
- $5,000+ in annual tuition reimbursement
- Earn up to an extra $600 or 2 vacation days annually through our wellness program
What makes us different? Together we can make a difference through our Core Values. Every associate is expected to demonstrate our core values every day at Rytec. We are looking for individuals with the same values!
Accountability- Be responsible to yourself, business partners and the community.
Respect- Treat others with fairness, professionalism and dignity.
Commitment- Be dedicated to making a difference through passion, improvement and innovation.
Integrity- Create trust through honest and ethical interactions.
Collaboration- Make a personal commitment to promote teamwork and seek mutual gains in your relationships.
Benefits of joining our team:
Medical – 2 plans· Dental- 2 plans ·Vision- 2 plans· Basic Life· AD&D· Dependent Life· Supplemental Life· Tuition Reimbursement· Paid time off accrual· Holiday pay· Floating holiday· Community Involvement paid time off· 401K: Fully vested from day 1 & 100% employer matching up to 3%% (Fully vested immediately)
If you are ready to join a winning team, apply now!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, or other protected status. For consideration, please submit your resume with salary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
The Technical Support Specialist I is responsible for providing technical problem resolution to the dealers and end-users. The Technical Support Specialist will strive to provide the highest level of customer service, by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Provide technical support resolution via phone and email with end-users, contractors and dealer network
- Resolve electrical and mechanical problems that could be encountered before, during, and after product installation
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments to ensure accurate resolution in a timely manner
- Accurately process and properly record call and email transactions utilizing computer software programs
- Assist in department process improvements to maintain and improve upon the industry leading Technical Support experience
- Assist Engineering on R&D projects both in house and in the field
- Offer technical guidance to the Parts department involving custom orders
- Travel occasionally to customer sites to resolve problems that need onsite assistance
- Industry experience in high speed doors, material handling or dock levelers is preferred
- Commercial or industrial electrical background and working knowledge of relay logic, electrical control systems, and solid-state technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an emphasis on proper phone etiquette
- Working knowledge of SalesForce
- Learn how to properly document a call with proper category and codes
- Working with Five9 phone system
- Using the SAP sandbox to work on mock quotes and orders
- High attention to detail and accuracy for problem analysis and solutions
- Mechanical aptitude
- Possess a valid passport
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical manuals & drawings. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and effectively before customers or employees of organization. Ability to effectively present information to management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Accountability & Dependability: Shows up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Meets productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules. Does not make excuses for errors or problems; acknowledges and corrects mistakes.
- Customer Focus: Deliver products and services when and where the customer needs them. Explore options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Examine data to grasp issues, draw conclusions, and solve problems by identifying relevant facts.
- Product Knowledge/Application: Knows product features; demonstrates knowledge of current business practices and appropriate product applications. Works collaboratively to analyze information and develop solutions.
- Communication: Organize & express ideas and information clearly, using appropriate and efficient methods of conveying the information. Communicate accurately & honestly in an open, candid and respectful manner.
- Decision Making & Judgement: Gather information and others’ input when making decisions. Consider lessons learned from experience. Consider all when weighing the benefits, costs, and risks associated with each.
- Ethics & Integrity: Earn others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Avoids situations and actions considered inappropriate or which present a conflict of interest.
- teamwork: Help teammates who need or ask for support or assistance. Celebrate the achievements of teammates. Encourage team unity through sharing information or expertise, working together to solve problems, and putting team success first.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or Technical school desired; or two to four years related customer service/troubleshooting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to lift 50 - 70 pounds occasionally.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This position is in an office environment where the noise level is moderate.
- An occasional amount (20%) of domestic travel for company business will be required through various modes of transportation (car, airplane, etc.).
- A minimum of 2 weeks will be required at each manufacturing facility (Jackson and Hartford) building our products to better understand the individual components.