Compensation: $52,000 to $55,000
Benefits: Medical HMO, dental and vision insurance is free for employees!!
All Community Roots Housing employees must show proof that they are fully vaccinated on their first day of work or submit a request for a religious or disability based exemption.
Everyone has the right to a quality, affordable home. At Community Roots Housing, this truth drives our work. By embracing community-led development and engaging in deep-rooted partnerships, we’re fostering vibrant, equitable communities where everyone has access to safe, affordable and welcoming homes. Today, nearly 50 apartment buildings – over 2,000 residents -- we continue our commitment to build community with and for people. We are a top performing, high-capacity not-for-profit corporation with an innovative portfolio throughout the Seattle area. Our buildings have won numerous awards from HUD, Urban Land Institute, Affordable Housing Finance Magazine, Future wise and other community development awards.
We are intentional in our hiring processes, seeing it as a chance to interrupt the cycle of racial and economic injustice that limits communities from accessing employment, building skills and investing in their own leadership development. We prioritize applicants who have firsthand experience in navigating the many systems that our residents face which impede their opportunities for success, as majority low-income, LGBTQ, and people of color.
Resident Services is looking for an energized, innovative Resident Services Coordinator - Service Referrals that utilizes a racial equity and resident centered lens in the design, implementation, and evaluation of their work. Successful candidates are passionate about community building, connecting folks to the resources they want to thrive in their lives, and have a vision for life-affirming programming across neighborhoods in Seattle.
Under the supervision of the Director of Resident Services, the Resident Services Coordinator - Service Referrals is responsible for oversight of all direct service referrals and resource connection for residents living in Community Roots Housing properties. The Resident Services Coordinator maintains working knowledge of available social services and community resources for a variety of populations. This position utilizes a strengths-based approach in connecting residents to resources that enhance their wellbeing and meets their specific unmet needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides all service referrals and resource connections for CRH households Age 55 and younger
- Research, identify, and link residents with resources such as rental assistance, transportation, adult education, childcare, health services, and employment assistance, SSI, Medicare, food stamps, and all pertinent services that would benefit our community/residents
- Maintains positive relationships with residents and ensures successful services by following up
- Manages online referral form on Apricot database and responds to all online requests
- Enters all resident interaction data entry into Apricot database
- Submits all service referral data monthly to Director of Resident Services for board reporting
- Re-directs specialized referral requests as needed, receives support and guidance from other Resident Services team members
Community Resource Management
- Manages and regularly updates online community resource directory on Apricot database
- Manages and regularly updates online resource sheets
- Maintains working knowledge of general services in Seattle area for rental, utility, and food assistance as well as case management, mental health, and employment services
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic justice, as well as awareness of the impacts of institutional racism on housing and economic opportunity.
- Considerable work or lived experience in areas of social work, public health, human services, or public administration.
- Experience working with diverse, low-income populations with a racial equity, housing justice, and human-centered framework and analysis.
- Experience in program delivery, data tracking, and data reporting.
- Experience networking and working collaboratively with community agencies, community members, and service providers.
- Excellent computer and technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Suite and database experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex situations and diffuse escalating situations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and across departments while managing multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and improve workflows
- Knowledge of available community resources and agencies in Seattle.
- Excellent customer service skills, organizational skills, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Community Roots Housing centers residents and racial equity. We seek team members who embody these values.
- One year of experience in social service delivery, resource connection, or referral services
- Experience working in Resident Services or at an affordable housing provider.
- Experience with graphic design.
- Fluent in multiple languages a plus.
- Knowledge of and/or training in Federal Housing Laws and Landlord/Tenant Laws.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
Community Roots Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates of color, LGBTQ candidates, women, candidates with disabilities and candidates of all religions and national origins are strongly encouraged to apply. Community Roots Housing is a “Ban the Box” employer. However, per Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements, any candidate selected for this position must undergo a criminal history background check prior to employment.