The heart of Boston Ballet is the human experience. Through our living and breathing art, we forge human connections—between artist and attendee, teacher and trainee, friend and newcomer, one's outer and inner self. We believe that the community of employees that makes dance possible is better together when talented individuals with varied life experiences, identities, races, cultures, and ideas are welcomed, encouraged, and heard.
The Part-Time Studio Administrator is an integral part of the Boston Ballet School (BBS) administration team and provides support on BBS customer service and day-to-day operational needs. He/she/they will primarily work onsite in our Boston and Newton locations. They will act as the main point of contact for faculty, staff, and customers on nights and weekends during Boston Ballet School classes. The Studio Admin. will maintain a positive, comfortable environment in the studio and communicate regularly to the Assistant Director of Operations and School Program Specialists regarding all operations. This individual will develop and maintain positive relations with parents and students and assist the BBS team in enrolling and retaining prospective and existing customers. Weeknight and weekend availability is required.
Boston Ballet requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as a condition of employment unless the employee is entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
· Act as first point of contact to all constituents entering Boston Ballet buildings. Maintaining a friendly, welcoming environment.
· Maintain positive relations and open communication with parents and students and all Boston Ballet School staff.
· Answer phone calls and emails, and assist with all school related questions.
· Prepare, schedule, and follow up on all placement/trial classes.
· Provide the best possible customer service to families by answering BBS phone lines.
· Ensure all students, staff and other visitors adhere to COVID-19 Risk Reduction plan.
- Check in students, and ensure that all BBS students, employees and chaperones complete wellness check and daily attestation
- In conjunction with full-time faculty and full-time musicians, disinfect BBS studios and/or common areas following COVID-19 guidelines
Administrative Duties and Operations
· Maintain student attendance records, including recording absences, scheduling make-up classes, and submitting monthly attendance reports.
· Assist administrative staff in registration process.
· Return phone calls and emails throughout shift and as requested.
· Maintain all correspondence as requested by the Studio Manager and Principal.
· Collect and record Boston Ballet School tuition for all student and adult programs.
· Administer nightly adult classes and processing related money.
· Assist in all Boston Ballet School related performances and auditions.
· Cover other co-workers’ schedules when necessary.
· Other job-related assignments as required.
· Provide support with BBS faculty by setting up computers or checking in before classes begin.
· Enter and assist in BBS virtual classes whenever needed to admit students from the waiting room, start class, help troubleshoot issues or otherwise support students & staff.
· Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic.
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Excellent computer skills (Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with Tessitura a plus).
· Basic accounting skills.
· Strong written and verbal (phone and in person) communication skills.
· Comfortable interacting with customers through various channels.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Thrives in fast paced environment and excels with multi-tasking.
· Enthusiastic about working with students of all ages and passionate about art education.
· Some background and/or interest in dance/performing arts a plus.
· Ability to travel to both school locations is preferred.
· Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.