Fidelity Bank is seeking a BSA/AML Officer to oversee the Bank’s Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering programs and strategies, and ensure the highest level of compliance. This individual will lead, direct and execute all activities pertaining to the Bank’s BSA/AML Program, including leadership and management of a team of BSA analysts. Key responsibilities:
• Developing, implementing and administering all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program
• Coordinating and monitoring day-to-day BSA/AML compliance which may include assisting with tactical elements such as alert clearing, reviewing CTRs,as well as strategic oversight
• Performing quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of BSA, USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-
Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis
• Maintaining the Bank’s AML monitoring systems to ensure they are appropriate to detect unusual and/or suspicious activity
Reviewing, investigating, and tracking alerts and/or business unit referrals for potential suspicious activity and/or fraud and documenting associated research
• Escalating suspicious activity when necessary and preparing associated regulatory filings in a timely manner
• Ensuring appropriate procedures are in place for customer due diligence and monitoring for adherence with established procedures
• Advising the Bank of emerging BSA/AML compliance issues
• Providing guidance to business units in the establishment of controls to mitigate risks
• Having a solid understanding of the bank’s products, services, customers, entities, and the potential money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated with those activities
• Coordinating and leading bank-wide BSA/AML and ID Theft training efforts
• Preparing and maintaining the Bank’s BSA/AML and OFAC, ID Theft, GLBA and Reg GG policies, procedures and risk assessment
• Act as the Bank’s Privacy/ID Theft Officer
• Serve as a member of the Bank’s internal Security Committee
• Chair the Bank’s internal Fraud Incident Response Team and serve as a member of the Employee and Customer Awareness Fraud Team
Create and present BSA/AML, ID Theft, and Fraud reporting to appropriate management and board committees
• Attend external fraud group meetings
• Act as lead contact for BSA/AML audits and examinations
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation preferred
• Fully knowledgeable of the BSA and all related regulations
• Four + years of experience in Banking with a concentration in BSA/AML
• Experience with Verafin or similar automated AML monitoring application and ability to analyze performance and reasonableness of established system parameters
• Passionate learner
• High level of detail orientation
• Proven ability to work independently and perform complex AML analysis
• Capable of multi-tasking; manage multiple issues or initiatives autonomously
• Experienced in delivering training to employees on regulatory requirements
• Exhibits a collaborative leadership style; capable of developing and executing strategic plans
• Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills with the ability to work independently, as well as, collaboratively within a team environment.
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, legal counsel, law enforcement, regulators and examiners while maintaining strict confidentiality.
• Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory or management capacity
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Any physical demands or work conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.