Position Title: Case Manager
Program: Promise Wellness Center
Classification: Non-Exempt, Full Time
Salary: $23.00 -$25.00 per hour; Commensurate with experience
Summary and Range of Authority: Promise Wellness Center, is based on a holistic approach to service delivery with an understanding that adults, TAY and older adults with serious mental illness can benefit from linkages to primary care physicians, access to non-traditional and culturally accepted healing communities, family and peer support, culturally appropriate education about mental illness and substance use, employment support services, and skill development. Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Case Manager supports the multi-disciplinary team in providing appropriate linkages and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works in conjunction with the clients’ therapists, psychiatrist, nurse and other staff, for the support of outpatient clinic services, referrals and other adjunctive community service activities
- Prepares and completes accurate and timely documentation of reports and records as required by the program, which includes documentation of case management and other services rendered
- Functions as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participates in program planning, diagnosis, treatment, goal development, utilization review, and discharge planning
- Notifies therapist and/or Program Manager when a client reports medication side effects, suicidal and/or homicidal ideation, and any changes in behavior and crisis management interventions
- Provides individual, group rehab services to TAY (transitional aged youth), Adults and Older Adults
- Facilitate groups per week. (Examples of group include Social Skills Group, WRAP Group, Illness Management Recovery Group, Dual Diagnosis Group)
- Provides education and support to clients and their families
- Provide clients linkages that integrate, coordinate, and access necessary support services within the community to ensure successful client treatment and recovery, including physical health care.
- Conduct ongoing mental health screenings
- Links clients in obtaining vocational, educational and/or housing objectives as needed
- Participates in staff meetings, case conferences, treatment team meetings, trainings, utilization reviews and other quality assurance activities
- Maintains tracking system of all clients and services provided
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Certifications/Licenses and Language/Cultural Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in a mental health-related field
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at minimum 4 years of work experience in mental health related field may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and experience relevant to work with diverse communities
Minimum Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Knowledge and experience regarding community mental health services and social services
- Knowledge of human behavior, psychology, and cross-cultural and bicultural issues
- Professional demeanor and understanding of the sensitive nature of client confidentiality in mental health settings
- Competent and comfortable in communicating mental health concepts, including to those of diverse cultures
- Comfortable in discussing issues such as suicide, homicide, domestic violence, trauma and other sensitive issues during therapy sessions facilitated by therapists.
- Must demonstrate intermediate level of computer literacy and experience using office productivity software i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet browsers, and Outlook.
- Must pass background check (Live Scan Fingerprint).
- Must pass drug test (results shall be negative for all illegal drug use including marijuana).
- Must have TB clearance.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated and boosted if applicable or must be eligible for religious or medical exemption
- Must be able to drive for business purposes to other program locations in San Diego County.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and comprehensive automobile insurance coverage, as required by law.
- Will not be debarred or excluded from participation in Federal programs by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of Health and Human Services of the Inspector General.
Additional Preferred Education or Qualifications:
- Bilingual/bicultural in a threshold language
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Spends approximately 70% of work time sitting and meeting with others or working at a desk and/or computer. Spends approximately 30% of work time standing or walking within the work area or outside the office at meetings and events, also bends, twists, stoops and reaches. Ability to communicate in writing and verbally. Regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Frequently is required to use hands to touch, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 25 pounds. Working conditions are normal for an office environment and event venues. The noise level is usually moderate.