Jump into a role that encourages you to think creatively while troubleshooting issues for systems in use at one of the world’s most admired brands.
As a Build Room Technician, you’ll perform various tasks that will vary from troubleshooting hardware/software concerns to new builds/rebuilds within established quality standards. This role requires practical enterprise networking knowledge, the ability to multitask and develop workstation images for a wide range of uses and clients, and the ability to document procedures that maintain or improve build quality, speed, and throughput. You will need to be able to quickly adjust activities to changing priorities while maintaining organization.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a strong, dedicated team backed by an established IT Company with seasoned leadership.
- Image external and internal workstations as a member of the Build Room Team
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues on client computers which are physically sent to Leapfrog
- Work with individual users to ensure that data is properly backed up, restored as needed, and that profiles and applications are properly configured
- Document all actions by completing tickets, forms, reports, logs, and records
- Manage a ticket queue and ensure that tickets are completed based on their assigned priorities
- Ensure assigned jobs/projects are completed on time and to customer specifications
- Document billable activities within the ticketing system
- Update and maintain inventory system for internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in research and development activities with the goal of improving Build Room efficiency and throughput
- Manage productivity goals using proactive monitoring and data analysis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in field services operations
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer-centric attitude and model of company’s Frogma values
- Ability to quickly diagnose, organize, and prioritize Client issues and properly manage Client expectations
- Ability to multi-task in a diverse and rapidly changing technology environment
- Self-starter that remains productive with moderate direct supervision
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Associates degree or higher in a related field from an accredited institution
- Previous experience with ticket tracking systems (e.g. ServiceNow, HEAT, Remedy, CA Service Desk)
- Previous machine imaging experience (e.g. WDS, MDT, Intune, SCCM)
- Previous experience working with Windows and Apple in a domain environment
- Previous experience managing user profiles within Active Directory and O365
- Professional certifications such as:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
- Competitive pay - starting pay range is $38,000 - $42,000/year; however, base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k match
- Certification/Education program
- Hybrid Work Office
- Health and wellness program
Leapfrog Services provides managed IT services for businesses and nonprofits worldwide. Founded in 1998 with the philosophy that IT should enhance your business, not get in the way of it, we consider ourselves to be a service company — one that delivers the highest possible level of technical expertise with an unwavering dedication to extraordinary service. In our world, high-tech doesn't mean high jargon or high stress — it means high touch and high availability. If you love working with leading-edge technology, want to be part of a fun, service-based culture, and prefer the security of an established company with growth opportunities and excellent benefits, Leapfrog is just the pond you're looking for!