Title: Membership Sales Officer
Reports To: Development Director
Location: Bismarck Office
Date: July 2022
Join the greatest team in the west. Opportunity awaits you in Medora.
There’s no organization quite like the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation (TRMF). We’re a premiere tourism operation—and we’re a 501c(3) non-profit. We welcome hundreds of thousands of guests to an exciting, diverse lineup of entertainment, historical, and educational attractions—and we work tirelessly to connect people to Medora for positive life changing experiences.
TRMF was established in 1986—but our story begins before that. In 1962, nationally-renowned businessman Harold Schafer took an interest in a historic old town named Medora. He loved its history, its striking location, and its potential to inspire others. So he began revitalizing the old town: he restored a historic hotel, brought the Medora Musical to town, and so much more.
It was 1986 when the Schafer family, with Harold ready to retire from business, donated all they’d created in Medora to establish the non-profit Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
In the years since, we’ve grown from a staff of a handful of folks to more than 50 full-time employees, with hundreds more seasonal workers and over 650 volunteers. We’ve awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars’ worth of scholarships to our staff. The Medora Musical has earned the attention of The New York Times. And we’ve earned a reputation as the #1 tourism and hospitality provider in North Dakota.
We are a team of people who draw inspiration from Medora. We deeply respect this place, and the people we meet here. We deliver excellence in hospitality. We work with creativity and integrity. We’re a family that values family.
We are the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation.
The Membership Sales Officer will help grow our member base.
Reporting to the Development Director, the Membership Sales Officer will energetically enroll members looking to be part of the Bully Spirit. Our ideal candidate is passionate about Medora and the North Dakota Badlands, about helping others, firm understanding of membership type sales, has a flexible schedule, organized, has a dynamic personality, and can easily build a rapport with people over the phone and in person.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Sell the benefits of TRMF memberships (Business, Rough Rider, and Junior Rough Rider).
- Ability to meet membership targets. Ownership of all 3 types of membership processes, and results
- Maintain a close relationship with Marketing, Gift Officers, and Accounting.
- Work hand in hand with Marketing to ensure any marketing pieces needed for success in Memberships is provided
- Initiating contact with potential business members through cold calling.
- Schedule and participate in networking/community events.
- Drive membership sales through outside sales and business development efforts.
- Prompt and professional follow-up on regarding membership questions, all membership leads, member referrals and requests for information through CRM platform.
- Manage retention and recruitment campaigns for business membership and corporate rewards in coordination with the marketing team.
- When speaking with businesses about business memberships, also pursue corporate retreat/meeting options, and referrals.
- Pleasantly interact with prospects via phone, text and in person.
- Strong commitment to meeting and exceeding goals.
- Serve as the main point of contact for memberships.
- Coordinate with reservations center and operations team members to ensure members receive high level of service and benefits associated with their membership.
- Successful sales background with proven results preferred.
- Successful track record and understanding of Membership Sales preferred.
- A strong commitment and passion for Medora, The Badlands and helping people.
- Highly motivated to drive revenue and hit key performance indicators.
- Attention to detail – Ability to keep accurate and thorough notes related to membership sales.
- Excellent communication skills; proficiency with Teams, Text, email, Zoom, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- Flexible, ready and able to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of ticketing software a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sales, Hospitality or Communications preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in membership sales or marketing preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work long hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
You have a passion for exploring beautiful places and meeting people from around the world.
You enjoy connecting with people and building relationships
Great Benefits including 401(K) 6% Match, 100% Paid Premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Parental Leave and More!
Explore Medora and its attractions free or at discounted costs. Including the Medora Musical, Bully Pulpit Golf Course, Trail Rides, Mini Golf, Retail Shops and more!