Neighborhood Housing Services is a Nonprofit community developer and affordable home builder that seeks a highly motivated individual and experienced Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist to join our team. Neighborhood Housing Services of Los Angeles County (NHS) serves as a catalyst for local residents, business and government representatives to work together to build stronger neighborhoods, improve the quality of life for low to moderate income families and revitalize communities into neighborhoods of choice.
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION
Seeking a strategic, seasoned, dynamic Human Resources Coordinator/Generalist who will be responsible for delivering a wide range of site-specific human resources and administrative programs and services. From payroll to employee development to benefits, this position plays an integral role in assuring our employees feel valued, have the resources necessary to perform, and that we are meeting all of our compliance requirements. The position assures processes and practices are aligned and consistent with the espoused values and culture of the NHS mission and vision. Salary Range is $60,000-$75,000. NHS has put in place a COVID-19 Vaccination mandate. All employees must be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC prior to starting work.
- Partner with leadership on execution of HR programs, processes, and strategic initiatives (e.g., performance management, talent management and learning programs).
- Interpret and advise on HR policy; maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day to day management of employees; ensure compliance with employment laws, government agencies, and company policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and advice on employee relations issues, HR policy and practice, and legal risk; provide day-to-day performance management support to directors and management teams (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and support for employees to work through the counseling process.
- Assist in creating, communicating, and implementing HR programs and events to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
- Serve as the key point of contact for Organizational Development/Learning and Development and Culture initiatives.
- Create, plan and facilitate training opportunities for leaders to support the development of business strategies that improve organizational design, change management, and align with company vision, value, and business objectives.
- Maintains employee benefit programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and accessing benefits needs and trends, recommends benefit programs to management, direct the processing of benefit claims, obtain, evaluate and award benefit contract bids, design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; maintains employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementation of applicable human resource federal and state requirements. Conduct investigations, maintain records and provides relevant materials to support the President or CAO if they need to represent the organization at hearings.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating and recommending human resource policies and procedures. Trains employees on Human Resource issues and practices.
- Maintains the company’s safety program and helps to insure the company locations are OSHA compliant.
- Assesses training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals of the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.